Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default scared of the heat!!

It's almost 100 degrees here and even my school is so hot i am worried about fainting or getting N* or V* from the heat

Default Re: scared of the heat!!

The only time I got sick from the heat was when I had sun poisoning. Yeah it's uncomfortable and tends to give me a headache but I've never gotten so hot that I've vomited, nor do I know anyone that has happened to, if it makes you feel any better. If not, just stay hydrated, keep a cold drink near you at all times, or even an ice pack (That's what I've been doing, no A/C in this house) It keeps me cool. Put ice on your pressure points, your wrists and your temples, it will help you cool down. Good luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    When In doubt, God prays to Hoffman

Summer after my freshman year of college I worked at a summer camp. We had a few weeks where it was close to 100 every day. We didn't get to go to the pool until the LAST camp period of the day, and we had to take the bus there and back. It was miserable!! Neither me nor any of my campers got sick once. I'd keep them in the shade doing "quiet games" and everyone drank a lot of water. It was hella uncomfortable, but no one was ill.
    "I'm not supposed to be like this, but it's okay" -- The Wrong Child, R.E.M.

Hi There!

Wow, I'm from Australia haha and reading "100" makes me burst in to flames at the thought haha. Conversion though! Cos the most it gets here is like 46/47 on a rare rare hot summer day... Anyhoo besides the point in my little mind...

The best thing to do to avoid feeling "sun stroke" - which is what i refer to is as is to just keep your body temp as low as possible, Keep well hydrated and try not to spend any more time in the sun than is needed. Also sucking on icypoles or icecubes will help to. The lower you can keep your temperature the more cooler your body will obviously feel and you wont feel nauseaus! Good Luck! I'm Glad its winter here now.

100 celcius or fareinheit? because it does get quite hot in australia and i thought i was the only one who freaked out about getting sick in the heat. fr some reason i used to think it was easier t catch viruses whe it was hot as well (dont ask me why) but of course thats not true. but all you have to do is stay hydrated and try not get too much sun. wear sun protection or keep in the shade. it wont make you sick
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

That would be farenheit :P 100'C is boiling point so that's... not a realistic temperature for people to still be alive.

I agree with everything that Kristy Lee said. Try to keep your body temperature down, cool baths are good, cold drinks, just try to stay out of the sun. I like to carry a little spray bottle with me in summer and when it fets too hot I spray my face with water and then fan myself, it's SO nice.

I've never heard of anyone vomiting from being hot. Maybe with sunstroke, but not just from being in the sun. You should be fine as long as you wear sunblock and try to stay out of the sun as much as possible.