Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: NERVOUS

I am so nervous right now. I not sure it everybody read the post about antibiotics, but I wrote in there how I was on the drug Cipro, and I was having hallociations and night mares. Well that was turning into paranoia and I wasn't able to sleep. So I stopped taking them yesterday and called the doctor. Well, he prescribed me a diffrent antibiotic. Now instead of being on it for only 7 days like the Cipro, I have to be on this one for 30 days!! I was looking a the side effects, and it said that this drug WILL cause stomach upset! It should be taken with food to decrease the effect. I just built myself up and took one. I am shaking right now cause I am so scared on what will happen. I am als eating a bagel to try to help my stomach, but doesn't it seem odd to have to eat to help the nausea? I mean now if I am going to v* I have food in my stomach. When will the pill kick in? I am so scared right now. Someone please help!!

Michele

That which does not kill us only makes us stronger.

What is the name of the new antibiotic? Your body will probably get used to it the more you take it and it will not cause you to feel sick. It may cause you to have cramps and *d* instead of n/v.Edited by: jesskali

The name of the drug is Macrobid. Its for urinary track infections. I can't believe that I have to be on it for a month!!!!! I should of just stayed on the Cipro and dealt with the hallocianations. It's been about 20 minutes, and I don't feel anything yet. I'm sooooo nervous.[img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]

I was on a heavy duty antibiotic last year for a sinus infection that wouldn't go away, and the doctor said to me in the room, do you have a strong stomach? Becuase this drug is going to make you have major diarhea and stomach problems. I was like why the f does it exist then???? I went to the pharmacy and the pharmacist said the same thing, but to take it with food and it'll be minimum. I had no problem whatsoever. If you take it with plenty of food, it'll buffer your stomach and you shouldn't have problems. Just because it says that onthe side effects doesn't mean you'll get that. You'd know right away if it were to make you sick.

In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

And... I have another story...

My stepdad had this rare bacterial infection in his lungs last winter, and he had to take this expensive terribly strong antibiotic for 9 months. It was supposed to be hard on the GI tract but he had no problems at all either because he took it with food. Just make sure you have food in your stomach and you should be ok!! Don't make youself sick with worry.

Hope you feel better!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

I have taken Macrobid a few times before and I never had any problem with it. It's actually one of the best for urinary tract problems. I know it does cause *d* in some people. Also, there are a lot of people who may be allergic to Macrobid because it is a sulfa drug and some people can't tolerate that. If it does make you feel yucky, you may want to consider taking Phenergan or some other anti-emetic along with it. I get slightly nauseated whenever I have a UTI, so that is what I do!

Jess

I have taken Macrobid as well and it has never caused me any problems!

Thanks, that makes me feel better. It's been a hour now, and I don't feel any different than when I first took the drug, just still a bit nervous. I guess if I don't feel sick within the next hour, I should be just fine. I will keep everyone posted.

Ok its been 2 hours and I feel fine, a little tired, but not sick to my stomach. So I guess that the mediacation is fine. Thanks everyone.

Macrobid is a pretty widely used drug. I've been on it before as well for a UTI. I had no problem at all. Try not to worry about it, okay?

xoxo

Allie
    **No one knows what it\'s like behind my green eyes.**

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have been on Macrobid with no problems too. I have been on Cipro with no problems. I am on Zithromax (for a sinus infection) and I feel SO tired on it.