Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: What Do You Do For A Living?

I'd be interested to know how it affects you emet-wise too, Lady Gag Gag.

Adult industry.
    :O

GRADE SEVEN STUDENT, WOOOOOT!

And occasional babysitter.

My job is ROUGH, my goodness!
    It isn't going to get any easier

Anyways, I like what I do, you are lucky if you get a job which you enjoy, I have two jobs that I love.
    "Free speech is like money, some just have a lot more of it than others"

Formerly GuitarFreak

Quote Originally Posted by cinque View Post
    Lady Gag Gag - that really is quite something. About the most adventurous I get these days is going to a Tupperware party or something! Lol! (Nothing wrong with that btw!)
    Trust me, some of that Tupperware is more exciting than some of my clients.

Quote Originally Posted by KaydeeJayde View Post
    I'd be interested to know how it affects you emet-wise too, Lady Gag Gag.
    Thanks for asking - I already answered this above.

Flight attendant....

Oooh, christianne, I'd LOVE to do that job!!

Another thread begun and contributed to by the whacko. I guess trying to convince vulnerable people that prostitution would be a good job was one of her sick ways to harm people here. One word: BANNED!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm actually laughing out loud. The things people will say for attention....

Quote Originally Posted by cinque View Post
    They really are gorgeous photographs!!

Lady Gag Gag - that really is quite something. About the most adventurous I get these days is going to a Tupperware party or something! Lol! (Nothing wrong with that btw!)
    Thank you Cinque!

I work at a fish hatchery...it's kind of gross and dirty probably like working on a farm.

I have worked in catering since i left school at 16 but an now unemployee. I can't seem to hold a job down due to emet and having a lot of time off and employers don't give a damn.

I am an elementary school music teacher.
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

i am an exotic dancer and my boss is awesome and very understanding of my emet...and he has actually come to recognize the signs of my on coming panic!! such an awesome guy!! and my work has a spinning pole!! i was afraid to get on it at first cuz i didnt want to get motion sickness...but now, im the only girl there that can do poletricks im quite good at it....and i love it!!! (so do the younger kids) lol
    Last edited by afraid213; 06-20-2011 at 08:05 PM.
    "It is the child that sees the primordial secret in nature and it is the child of ourselves we return to. The child with-in us is simple and daring enough to live the secret."

Currently jobless because it is literally impossible to find a job where I live, but I'm in school for acting. Hoping to get into a nice theatre school in the near future!

I am a hotel laundry attendant/housekeeping room inspector/executive housekeeper/maid/lobby attendant/ whatever job my boss needs done for the day.
    You would think an emet would choose a cleaning job as their last resort, as there is always a risk of encountering v at work...in the guest rooms, the lobby bathrooms or on linens...but I keep telling myself I can handle it if I am misfortunate enough to come across it. When I was still cleaning rooms, I unfortunately had a room where a guest had a v accident on their clothes, and they left them on the bathroom floor. I have hated room 315 since then

Ready for this?? I am a medical secretary/assistant for a Colon & Rectal doctor's office...have been here for 7 years...good thing I didn't have a fear of poop...I'd be in trouble...we've had a couple of people feel like they are gonna V* and I kindly leave the room at work...I can't deal with it. lol

I work as a merchandising visuals assistant in a fairly well known footwear & apparel company in Oregon.

I run a one hour photo lab in a popular pharmacy.

I don't have a real job at the moment because they're impossible to get a hold of here but I'm volunteering to keep myself busy on my summer break. Right now I have a volunteer job conserving and maintaining nature reserves. Aside from that I'm a forensic science student.

I am an office manger at a video game company!

-Kim

Wedding Photographer and Marketing in the Arts.
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

I've been off with my daughter but in September I'm going back to work part time as a substitute primary teacher.
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace."- Thomas Paine

I'm an Art Director and I am constantly handling work folders that are passed around the office. Fortunately my bosses supply us with Clorox wipes and once a week we wipe everything down, twice a week in the winter. And as needed when someone in the office is sick--we work in very close quarters.

Research Associate.
    "I'm not supposed to be like this, but it's okay" -- The Wrong Child, R.E.M.

I am too young to work, but I want to be a religious (mostly LDS MORMON) professor at BYU ID

Oh, well now I have to update my profession as the school year is older. Now, I am an eighth grade student.

Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by idontfeelreal View Post
    I work 30hrs a week in a retail store and am in the process of getting my photography business up and running

I know we aren't supposed to share info about our identity, but I am not worried about it: www.emilystampphotography.com , if anyone is interested!
    Wow, those are some beautiful photographs! I'm only 14 years old, but photography is a favorite hobby of mine

Quote Originally Posted by greyraven View Post
    I don't have a real job at the moment because they're impossible to get a hold of here but I'm volunteering to keep myself busy on my summer break. Right now I have a volunteer job conserving and maintaining nature reserves. Aside from that I'm a forensic science student.
    Forensic Science? Wow, that's insanely interesting. How are you enjoying it? Are you going to want to be getting a job in the forensics?

Quote Originally Posted by NatalyKay View Post
    Forensic Science? Wow, that's insanely interesting. How are you enjoying it? Are you going to want to be getting a job in the forensics?
    I absolutely love it, it is very interesting to study. I'm hoping for a job in forensic photography since I've already got a qualification in photography, but failing that I'd be happy being a lab technician or something.
    Unfortunately, as interesting as it is, the course has a really high drop-out rate. Probably because it's a lot of hard work but I think some dropped out when they found out that real-life forensics is nothing like CSI. :P

Okay, I feel the need to be legitimate now.... I babysit in my spare time, as I have to pay my own cell phone bill which is $55 per month. My brother is the account owner. It's in his name, but I pay him and he pays the company. So I babysit once or twice a month, and bam, there's my cell money. I make about 10-11 dollars per hour, and it works out really good. I love it, the kids are easy and fun. Always a pleasure. If anybody is in Vancouver and needs babysitting, hollah at your girl! Certified in emergency first aid and been through the babysitting course, lol!

In all honesty, one day I want to be in the music business. I like to play the guitar and piano but I'm not confident with singing, and I play by ear. So I'd love to be a producer or work at a record label. My mom managed A&A Records in Canada, years ago, she managed every store in Canada. She went to all the concerts that came to Vancouver, and went to movie premieres and got free movie tickets because of distributing soundtracks. She has an awesome Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers tour jacket, which my brother and I refer to as her "groupie jacket" LOL. If all fails, I'd love to become a photographer or a writer of some sort. I love to write. And I love photography. My dream school is NYU, but since I'm Canadian, no student aid, therefore NOT HAPPENING! lol.
    Last edited by kaiilyn_23; 07-08-2011 at 12:19 AM.

Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."