Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Pale Face?

I'm always pale.... [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]and i get worried, cos loads ppl say.. 'you look pale' then i automatically think i'm gonna be sick [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

But at the moment, i look really pale, and i'm all shivery... even tho it's hot outside!

and i have all these 'sick' thought in my head, cos my grandma is ill, and i'm scared my mam is gonna pass it onto me etc [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

And i'm just feelin a bit... 'pale' today! [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

OK... i'm weird [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

I totally understand. I have extremely pale skin, and I'd get so mad when people would tell me I looked pale.

What did your grandma have? I hope she feels better!

What you can do...is accept the paleness (it's hard!) you could also try wearing a little blush on your cheeks, I started going tanning in a tanning bed. So I have a lil more colour in my face.

Hope ya feel better soon! I bet it's just anxiety playing up, that's why you feel so funny.

Let us know!

yeh probs...... and now my mam has just left me to sleep alone all night [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

i don't want to go up my grandma's... i might catch germs [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

I'd stay home! Being alone sucks, but put on some music and try to get some sleep!

Louise, i know EXACTLY what u mean!! i HATE being told im pale!! wen someone tells me i look pale, i go even paler, because i automatically go all anxious and nervous that im gnna v*, and anxietyn makes me even paler!! Lol

i was also told i looked GREEN once, that was a huge mistke..!!

anyway, i expect ur just havin an "off" day. mayb ur hypoglycemic or smthing.. and need to eat sm sugar, or mayb ur a little anaemic. both of these arent serious btw, so dont go worrying, they're just reasons for why u mite feel shaky. but they wil go, very soon.

hope ur feeling a bit better now tho

Jen xxxxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey all!

Well I dont really get told that im pale as im Mixed Race and so hav a brown complexion... but I do constantly look in mirrors to see if i look pale or a bit... icky. I sometimes ask my mum or mates if they think i look pale, since looking pale is associated with v*ing.

Rachel xxx

Haha I get told that a fair bit. Awful isnt it?

I'm lucky I don't get "pale" but because I have darker skin I get a worse than pale shade. Almost a greeny/grey THAT is ehen I get worried
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

I hate that! I am very pale! How are you feeling niow??

One time a little girl in my class got sick from food poisoning, and she looked deathly pale with huge purple circles down to her cheekbones. She made me feel so sorry for her that I wanted to cry. But, you know there are a lot of other reasons for being pale... like, maybe, being nervous because your grandmother is sick... [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Yea...I hate having pale skin! BOOOO for pale skin!

People always try to tell me it's nice, "oh you have porcelaine skin". But I hate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Melikasa
    I'm lucky I don't get "pale" but because I have darker skin

Ditto on that one for me....lol. I'm brown or "mochachinno-colored", so, it's almost impossible for my skin to get pale. Instead, my face can get very red....[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Anyway, I hope you are feeling better Louise!! And your grandmother too!!
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenneh

i was also told i looked GREEN once, that was a huge mistke..!!

LOL so did i once...... and it was just the day after i had told my friend about emet. and then a few secs later, i think she realised what she had jsut said.. and then she changed hermind, saying' it must have been the light' lol [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]but i was worrying loads! lol

lol. Thats horrible! Its quite good tho that we do green if we ae ill cause I can always check if I feel nausious if i'm green or not. If not I can usually get over my panic quicker!

lol my friend did tht too!! she suddenly went " must have been the light" i had to force myself to believe it was the light, not my skin, so that i can make myself believe i wont b sick.

cos, horrible thing is, if someone says " u look ill" i wil immediately feel ill just because they've said it. its lke they flicked sum switch in my body ..

Jen xxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

MSN:

lol,

I'm feelin really sickly at the mo... and i do luk pale! (as always though... lol!)

but i need the toilet, if ya no what i mean [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]so perhaps it's just that.... well thats what my mam always says if i have a sickly taste in my mouth!

But the thing is, i'm havin my tea soon... and i dont want to have a full stomach, incase i'm sick..... [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

And if i'm not sick, it will make me think that i will be sick tomorrow, or in the middle of the night..... if ya get what i mean! [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

ur just as likely to be sick on a full stomach than on an empty stomach...

thats what i tell myself, sumtimes its the only way to get me to eat.

Jen xxx

MSN:

Yeah I have to try and tell myself that too. I have found that sometimes I FEEL sick because I NEED to eat. Once I eat I will often feel better. Easier said than done though. My husbnad still gets upset with me some times because i will barely eat anything.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.