If you have children (recently) did you get your little one's vaccinated against rotavirus?

I opted on not getting my daughter vaccinated against it because at the time, I figured if she got the virus, it wouldn't be THAT bad.. we live in the US, and we have doctors, hospitals, etc.. I thought maybe a less developed country would need it more, and felt at the time that children already recieve too many vaccines..

It was a mistake. She ended up getting sick, but I have no idea what type of virus it was. My son had a virus, V* twice and had D*, and had loss of apetite for about 4-5 days..I gave him zofran after his 2nd V* episode and after that it was D* and upset stomach, but no V*..Then my daughter got it.. she was about 12 months old. No V*, but D*.. She had D* for days and had a severe loss of apetite, couldnt get her to eat or drink.. She never V* until we took her to the ER for dehydration, the doctor got her so worked up (she wouldnt allow anyone but mom and dad near her) that she V* all over the room, but that was the only time..

I think back on it now, and am like "WHY didn't I get her vaccinated?" Not just because of my emet, but because of how sick she really got..

Would any of you, being emets chose to vaccinate against something like that (just because of your phobia) or chose not to because its optional and they get like 30 something vaccines before they even start school? Plus, its not always that effective.. Most of them still get rotavirus at some point, but it might be less severe.. My friends daughter had the vax the first year it came out, she is almost 4 and has only been sick twice, ever. My son had been sick SEVERAL times before he was even 4, but they never offered it when he was born. they HAVE to get it in a certain time frame, its a 2-dose series, one at like 6 weeks, and another a month or two later..