Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Wet wipes that kill noro.

To all emets and norophobes in the UK, i think i have found a wet wipe that kills noro, its Sainsburys Little Ones toddler wipes with antibacterial agent, on the list of ingredients it says it contains Benzalkonium Chloride, is that the noro killing agent?

Default Re: Wet wipes that kill noro.

Yes, it is! That sounds good. I guess knowing the concentration/quantity of it might be important but I'm sure it would be enough. I think the green coloured packed Wet Ones have benzalkonium chloride in them too

Brilliant!! I have packed them in my sons kit for school! Even a small amount of it is better than nothing. I will look out for the wet ones. Thanks.

Benzalkonium chloride only needs to be in a concentration of about 0.13% to be effective against noro (I think that's the right number - it's written on the site somewhere!) so I'm pretty sure there'll be enough in the wipes! I occasionally see these in pound shops/cheap shops and they're great because they have benzalkonium chloride in them, and they come in singular sachets which is very handy! I don't think they would be as gentle on the skin as the Sainsbury's ones though, so perhaps less suitable for children. They do feel a bit harsh when you use them, like they're drying your skin out a bit: http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/...zing-wipes.asp

Thank you, I will have a look in my local poundland