Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I was just reading a postthat stated a couple of people feeling like dying....I know its a normal thing to us to feel that way, but I was just wondering how many of us really do feel that way.

I know that I do, if it wasn't for my mom and my bf, even though I love my brother and sister very much, but they would understand, I would have done it by now. I don't know how but I know it wouldn't be pills because those things could just end up making you sick.....

Anyways there really isn't a point to this post except to show us that we're not alone in thinking about suicide, and sometimes it helps to talk about it with others who seriously consider it.

Thanks

I agree that it helps to focus on the positive input your family and friends have had on your life and also to seek support from like-minded individuals who might have experienced something and got through it, but I don't think that thinking about ways in which you would do it is terribly helpful for you and it's something that I personally would find pretty upsetting to read about on this forum. If you really are having serious thoughts in that direction I would strongly urge you to go and speak to someone who is professionally trained to deal with suicidal feelings.

I've felt that way, at times, but I have way too much to live for, and I tell myself when my emet is bad that I WILL FEEL BETTER AGAIN. There is ALWAYS a time when I feel great. I love my family and my friends, both in rl and online, and I am a successful student, and hope to become an author soon! My writing gets me through emet.
    You control your body- it doesn\'t control you
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    !

Helsbels, I never said I was planning it, but I have thought about it,and sharing this with others sometimes helps.

Just like knowing your not alone with emet

I know you didn't say you were planning it, I didn't say that. What I wanted to try and get across(perhaps I worded it wrong) was that if you make acomment about how you would or wouldn't like to end your life, it might start a discussion about the various merits of alternative methods and I was worried that some people here (me included) might find that upsetting - especially without a warning in the subject header. I was trying to suggest thatif you want to get into that sort of discussion, you might be better speaking to someone who is professionally trained to help you.

However, sharing the fact that you have felt that way and have received support for it from friends and family is, as you rightly point out, what this forum is here for.

Sorry if I caused any offence

hah yeah... depression has caused me to want to end it, but also emet itself, directly.

kinda lke "quick ur gnna be sick - kill urself - now" and my mind was actually being serious, which just highlights how irrational this all realy is.

to be honest, i tink practically everyone gets to a point whre they'd rather die than carry on... maybe some are more serious than others... who knows. its such a personal thing really.

anyway yeah... enough blabber from me!

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.