Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Is It Just Me????

I am not a sensitive person and enjoy a lively debate but im finding certain people on this site increasingly picky and argumentative. Is it just me?

Default Re: Is It Just Me????

SNAP me too.

It should be different now. There was a user on here with 10 or 12 identities who was picky and argumentative to everyone, one way or another. She's been banned now.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I started this thread before all the drama started about the troll with 10 or so accounts and i see that all the banned 'members' are all the people i was thinking about. Why do it??

well, to be honest i havnt really noticed. there are some pretty cool debates i guess and people like to value their own opinion but i havnt noticed anyone willy nilly trying to pick a fight or nothin.
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

I have noticed. There are quite a few opinionated people here who seemingly enjoy an argumentative debate every now and again. I've learned to ignore it now and just keep my mouth shut to them. I don't like drama and I do NOT like confrontation. But you're not alone. I have noticed. Quite a few of them were the identities of the troll, but there are some others too.
    Jennifer

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So, love the people who treat you right, forgive the ones who don't and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it! Nobody said it'd be easy, they just promised IT WOULD BE WORTH IT!"

My Emet Vlog:

im probably going to look like one of those people now but what is wrong with disagreeing with something that someone has said? other than the trolls and maybe one or two people, im sure noone is trying to pick a fight on here or cause any type of confrontation, but are just expressing what they think about a certain issue.
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

i think its how its said, personally. wording is important online, i think.

yer ya right. its hard to convey tone just through typing.

Yes, I agree. I do enjoy a good debate here and there, I am trying to pursue a career in justice. I think it's a great skill to learn how to argue effectivley and respectfully. An internet forum that deals with sensitive subjects may not be the best outlet though, IMO.

Agreed, Lizzo.
    Jennifer

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So, love the people who treat you right, forgive the ones who don't and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it! Nobody said it'd be easy, they just promised IT WOULD BE WORTH IT!"

My Emet Vlog:

She's probably the girl who sings where's the chapstick? ahaha Nothing better to do with her time... frustrated when her ways are not followed...

Friendly productive debates win!
    Life is so worth living.

I'm not here for debating (though I love arguing an proving I'm right ) I'm here for support and help.

I was actually going to start a new thread about how so far I haven't noticed anyone arguing or being a "know-it-all". We definatley don't need that here as this is a very sensitive subject to be dealing with. I was on a panic & anxiety forum and that was a certain user that would argue with people and was such a know it all, it drove me nuts. After all, I thought it was a safe place to go to find comfort and answers and everyone has done their own research so has their own ideas and no one's wrong but it helps to get advice anyway.

i have noticed two people who kind of hurt my feelings twice....but forgive those who hurt you and the Lord shall forgive you in the same way you forgive them.....so I forgive them and im moving on but it does hurt some when you get a response that kind of hurts.......i hope you find as much support on here as possible maybe they accidentally worded it wrong i do that sometimes and then i freak out thinking that i hurt someones feelings and i actually cry over it and ponder it for days and then i go to ask the person if i hurt their feelings and they usually just say no and i feel stupid and okay this is getting long lol sorry...

Also, certain words or phrases can quickly be taken out of context. Sarcasm and responses that are meant to be helpful can sometimes be interpreted in different ways. I think, at heart, we are all a bunch of softies and can be a bit sensitive at times. But, I think that the amount of support and networking overrides the negativity. I've developed a fairly close support group of emets that I have met off IES and for that I am grateful!

One thing that bothers me is the "recovered emets" who come on the forum to preach about their recovery, and try to influence others that recovery is necesarry. Or users that constantly cry wolf and post threads that they are "leaving" over disputes on the forum, etc, and then continue to post anyways. It just seems a bit silly to me.

Agreed. I think a healthy debate is great for growth and learning to accept new ideas and theories. It broadens your outlook on facts of life... and helps to transform you into being a more open individual. There will always be debates... and especially on a forum where most of us are on-edge much of the time anyhow. Sometimes I think it's our fear of losing control. Not in all people. But if you think about it... we're scared of losing control of ourselves... why would it be much different in other areas of our lives? Lol. Just a thought, I suppose.

And I agree... we are all pretty sensitive people in at least a few aspects. I know I personally am a very sensitive person. Someone can LOOK at me in an "angry" or "upset" way and I can tear up. It's just who I am. And 9 times out of 10, if someone says something that hurts me, I respond with anger. I've been really working on that quite a bit lately. I guess it's how my brain was wired and now I'm having to rewire all of it.

I think recovered emets are inspiring and give hope to all of us. But as Lizzo said, I don't think their opinions or thoughts should be FORCED on anyone. It's great to hear their stories and it's great to think the potential could be in us all, but not ALL of us WANT to recover. And even if we do want to, it doesn't mean we WILL. I'd LOVE to not have this hanging over my head, and I'd like to seek help to attempt ridding it from my mind. In reality, I know it will be hard work and it may not be 100%. It's nice to have support from those who go through what I do... and from those who have been there as well.
    Jennifer

My Emet Vlog:

Quote Originally Posted by lizzo View Post
    Or users that constantly cry wolf and post threads that they are "leaving" over disputes on the forum, etc, and then continue to post anyways. It just seems a bit silly to me.
    It amuses me to no end when people do this. It is so transparent as to what their actual motives are and what the outcome of the thread will be. If they actually intended to leave, they would simply stop posting. Hey, maybe we should set up another special sub-forum for attention seeking threads?

(Yes, I'm just kidding for those of you who are probably taking this seriously)
    Disclaimer: Any nutritional or health related advice I give is well intentioned and intended for general educational purposes only that may or may not apply to your personal health situation. It does NOT in any way, shape or form constitute as medical or dietetic advice. I am not your nutritionist and you are not my patient. Please discuss anything you may learn from any of my health related posts with your doctor and nutritionist prior to making any related changes.

Love me or hate me I am who I am. It isn't going to change. Don't confuse a succinct response or commitment to accuracy as being cavalier or patronizing.

I look at those who are recovered and their experience for ideas but that doesn't mean it will work for me. What works for one person might not for another. Those people shouldn't think they have the answers for everyone else. For the longest time I didn't want to address my emetophobia because it seemed too scary and impossible. It still does. I think I have some other work to do before I can really get to the emetophobia but I'm ready to start trying. But so far, no one on here has made me feel angry or uncomfortable and hope it stays that way, otherwise I probably will stop visiting as I don't need that in my life. I quit going to the panic and anxiety forum because it just was not helping and there were so many debates going on, it unnerved me.

Quote Originally Posted by barbiegirl View Post
    It amuses me to no end when people do this. It is so transparent as to what their actual motives are and what the outcome of the thread will be. If they actually intended to leave, they would simply stop posting. Hey, maybe we should set up another special sub-forum for attention seeking threads?

(Yes, I'm just kidding for those of you who are probably taking this seriously)
    No kidding, I totally agree. If something really bothers me, and i've said all I can say, at the end of the day I will just walk away. I guess it comes down to the fact that I value virtue and honesty in people, and its hard to lend a helping hand to someone who is constantly drawing attention to themselves in dramatic threads.

I started this thread when the troll was on here being nasty, nobody knew at that time we had a troll amongst us, i was actually insinuating Mondaymay and Inurturetheodd, they both were quite mocking, sarcastic or argumentative in their posts, both were then found to be the same person (i think) then banned. Its been a much nicer site to visit since then with everybody supporting each other.

Quote Originally Posted by becca44 View Post
    i was actually insinuating Mondaymay and Inurturetheodd, they both were quite mocking, sarcastic or argumentative in their posts, both were then found to be the same person (i think) then banned.
    Yes they were the same person. She was also like over 30 other people too. (some that participated in posting and other names were created to hurt members on here) Her last "appearance" ended with Sage warning the troll about having her personal information (home address- detected from the location of her computer) and she hasn't shown up since, to my knowledge! Peace has definitely been restored around here!

Keep pushing through, you will get to the other side and you will never look back.

I have actually started to notice recently that a lot of people are very opinionated on here. everyone is most definalty entitled to their opinion, but these people can be very rude and make me feel like an idiot for thinking something that they think is wrong. i know that i can also be opinionated and i hope im not coming accross as mean and belittling in some of my posts. if ever that is the case i hope someone can tell me becasue i think i do it without even noticing. I get so wrapped in some of these awesome discussions i dont realise how im coming accross.