Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

This winter and it's various stomach bugs are really starting to make me ANGRY! Logan was sick Sunday night with a fever, sore throat, etc. and so I kept her home from school on Monday. When I called the school to let them know, Logan's teacher was asking me if she had"the bug" and told me that it had been going around all of the other classes at her school. Well, I took Logan back to school today and the teacher's aide had been out with "IT" on Monday, her daughter has it today, and one of the other girls in the class has it today too. I'm telling you, it's really getting ridiculous now. I have never heard of another winter that's been this bad!!

2002-2003 Toronto. What a nightmare! Norwalk Norwalk Norwalk....all the hospitals had closed wards, nursing homes were not accepting visitors, daycares were rampant...it was awful! And nobody in my family got it (knock wood).
    <font size=\"4\"><font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\">It can, and does, get better with time.</font></font></font>

Wasnt there a virus going around the school not that long ago? I am just waiting to here a virus in schools here. Its in nursing homes, where I work UGH! I absolutely hate this time of year!

Keep us posted and stay well!

This is the third time in the last 5-6 weeks!!! When will it end? I am just hoping my kids are well this weekend, Logan and Greg have a father/child lunch at her school on Saturday-and right after that and on Sunday afternoon, my girls are modeling flower girl dresses in a fashion show!!

aww when megan and I were little we modeled flower girl dresses
    too. just tell your kids that germs are everywhere even if they
    can't see them, and they need to keep their hands away from their nose
    and mouth so they don't catch the tummy bug. of course you don't
    wanna exactly pass on the idea that v*ing is the end of the world, but
    just remind them that being sick would cause them to miss the fun
    things they have planned this weekend, and to be extra careful.
    i'm so ticked off we're all having to constantly hear about these
    bugs! ugh! we'll make it through...

Do what your heart tells you to-- even when your fears tell you not to.

You are alive....so live.

I wonder what the deal is this year. Is it worse than usual??

I think it is worse than usual. Neither of my children had it last year!!! And Logan is in preschool!! I am thanking God every day that she hasn't gotten sick yet!!

Interestingly, I was at my gastroenterologist today and he was asking me how my daughter was this season and if she had been fortunate enough so far to avoid being very sick. (this guy doesn't even have a clue about my phobia, so I thought it was weird that he was talking to me about this) He went on to talk about the 3 viruses that are going around, especially through the kids. He said that one is a tummy thing and lasts about 2 days, the other is just a crappy all over thing, but not necessarily tummy stuff, but fever. And, the other was like bad repiratory stuff.

Anyway... I just thought that was interesting. First that he would think to ask. (either he is also paranoid, it must be pretty bad this year, or he's just considerate). And, I also found the information to be interesting. He ended with a 'It's that time of year, but it's nearing it's end... ' So, that was positive! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

GOOD! I hope it is at its end soon. No tummy thing in my house yet and I am SO SO SO hoping we dont get it. There are 5 people in my house! That would be messy.

e-lizabeth I remember that!, all you heard was about that Norwalk flu in 2002-03. Tyler's Prinicpal was thinking about closing down the school. Thank god it didn't hit my home!! Hopefully warmer weather will be heading our way soon! I amso SICK of hearing about all these different flu's! Makes me want to hide in my room all day!

I was speaking to my friend who teaches grade 3 and she makes sure every one of her students wash their hands before snack time and lunch time. She was told that with the kids doing this they are losing time to eat their lunches! She said no they won't I will take my time to eat lunch with them and when we are done we will go outside for recess. She said that there are so many classes who don't wash their hands and the school and teachers don't promote it! They don't lose time with their recess, the administration just loves to bitch!

That is soooo wrong! I started sending handiwipes with my daughter after she was yelled at for taking too long to wash her hands before snack one day. I was very suprised to learn that they don't enforce hand washing before snack and lunch at her school either. What are they thinking? And, it's not just because we are emets. If any doctor or CDC heard this, they would agree with us that it's just plain wrong. [img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]

I think the schools should enforce handwashing to the students since kids pick up so many germs. My daughters school recently got one of thoes purell wall mounted dispensers in the lunch room. Just think if every kid took a squirt before touching thier lunch... I also think that teachers should be washing down the tops of the desks everyday after school with a bleach solution to reduce germs this time of year... Im sure schools don't clean as well as they should.

I feel like sending wipes with Logan, but then she is only at school for 2 1/2 hrs., and they use the bathroom/wash their hands before they eat snack. And then as soon as I pick her up, she puts on hand gel. And after every class, the teachers wash down the tables before the new class gets there. The only thing I worry about at her school is their indoor playground, all of the classes use it and the kids don't wash their hands after they play and it diesn't get "sanitized" after each class. It would be nearly inpossible to get the every thing in there clean.

You are so right skinnyme! I think they should have one of thosedispensers in the school. No wonder kids are getting sick. Maybe I shall make a phone call to the school and talk to the principal, I know her, but that doesn't mean I will get it through her head! She will probably say that they don't have the funding to do it!! I gave Tyler a small bottle of Purell to use before he eats. This is just plain nuts what the schools don't promote!

I think all of the schools should promote hygiene with kids... I mean some kids come to school so dirty and smelly and it is sad cause it is not thier fault. My kids are always clean, their clothes are always clean and so am I. But the hand sanitizer in my daughters school was a great idea... How many kids use it I dont know hopefully all of them do. As for germ ridden playgrounds i refuse to take my kids to Chucky Cheese or that ball corral at Mcdonalds... Yuck, germ city. Even non-emets feel this way. I also dont let them go in thoes racecar type shopping carts... yuck again!!! I saw a program on the new about how they swabbed different surfaces for germs and these carriages were pretty contaminated.

Logan caught a stomach bug 15 hrs. after riding in one of those race car carts, and that store was the only place we had gone all week that week~my kids are not allowed in those carts under any circumstances!!

Not to mention Purell is pretty cheap, teachers could buy the big pump bottle and leave it on their desk for anyone to use. I have to send my daughter back to school in the fall with a box of tissues. Every child has to bring a box. They should have every child bring a purell bottle in the winter. It won't break my bank... peace of mind is priceless to me.

What a great idea!! I would soooo spend a couple of dollars on a bottle of Purell!! We should start petitions in our towns! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

That was one thing my daughters school did do right. One of the things included on her school supply list at the beginning of the year was Purell hand sanitizer. When her class would line up to go to lunch or when they would come in from the playground, the teacher stood at the door and squirted it in their hands. The only sickness my daughter had that year was the flu. (Influenza) Although I did not mind providing it myself, I think this is something that all schools ought to provide for teachers and students.

I still sent a smaller bottle of sanitizer for her to keep in her book bag.