Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default How effective are anti-emetics?

Okay so my best friend is getting some pretty serious gum surgery on friday and I have to take him to the appointment because he can't drive because of the drugs he will be on. He is taking a few heavy sleeping pills, some pain killers, and 5mg of Phenergan (I think that's how you spell it, it's an anti-emetic I know that much) but I read the side effects of the rest of the pills and ALL Of them say nausea and vomiting. He isn't an emet or anything like that, so he won't be afraid to throw up should the occasion arise. He does so much for me (Like letting me live with him rent free) so I want to do this for him. I just want to make sure that if he takes the meds like he is supposed to before the appointment, will he definitely not vomit? I can't stand the thought of having to pull over the car to let him, or even worse, it happening in the car! I am so freaked out about this, what if he gets sick before? What if he gets sick after? URG! I don't wanna do this but I already said okay and the appointment is only a few days away! Please tell me it'll be okay!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    When In doubt, God prays to Hoffman

Default Re: How effective are anti-emetics?

I think he should be fine. I had gall bladder surgery and didnt even feel n* afterwards. I think the anti emetics should work just fine!

phenergan is very good for after surgery n*. so dont stress. i think nearly every medication you take can cause n* and v* its extremley rare, i highly doubt he will v*. i used to take phenergan when i felt sick and it worked well. it causes some pretty bad drowsiness though.
    Last edited by emmalinda; 06-22-2011 at 04:11 AM.
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

Thanks guys, I already talked to him and explained to him my fear and he's reassured me that he's not much of a puker. He said the only times he has ever thrown up is with a stomach virus or when he drank too much. So I tend to think that he's going to be okay, but there are still nerves behind it, you know?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    When In doubt, God prays to Hoffman