Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Confused...?

I'm kind of confused. Some people say that a person is only contagious after the first symptom appears (e.g. d*, v*) but i've heard others say that a person is contagious about a day before their symptoms apper. Which is true? I need to know so that I can know how careful I have to be around the kids in my school.

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

wish i could help, but i'm confused too!! maybe check the cdc's website??</span>

Do what your heart tells you to-- even when your fears tell you not to.

You are alive....so live.

When I talked to the lady at the CDC here in Georgia, she said that a person is contagious when they start to feel sick. Which I think would mean when they begin to feel nauseous and/or V or have D. Still confuses me though because when my daughter caught it a few months ago, we think she caught it from her cousin who had it. However, the weekend they were together, she was showing no symptoms and the "V" didnt start until that Mon. My daughter didnt fall ill until Thurs. So I am still confused too.

Well, from all that I have ever read about it, they say that only after the symptoms appear, is it contagious. (I assume this does mean nausea or stomach upset too) I have found it too be sooooooo true in my life's (and kids) experiences with stomach bugs! Charlotte
    Spring is here!

Someone mentioned in a previous post about the virus being contagious in the "shedding" period... I think it sheds the day before a person is sick with it. And it is suppossed to be catchy then also. I would assume thru saliva. Like Leigh, my daughter was with her cousin on a Saturday... This sousin was sick with it Saturday night... My daughter came down with it on Tuesday morning when she got up. They were playing in my daughters bedroom with play dishes and cups so I am assuming there was an exchange of saliva and that is how she caught it... OR her cousin didnt wash her hands good enough after the potty... But we will never know how this virus gets in the body. My advice is to just wash hands and keep the clorox and Lysol in stock at all times and to clean the bathroom when guests are at your house... And of course handwashing!!!