Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

The flu... influenza that is, is now rearing its ugly head in Kentucky! UGH!!!

More than 30 school districts have called off school for the rest of this week and much of next week due to the flu and flu-like symptoms. Record numbers of people are heading to the doctors and it's spreading fast!
    http://www.wkyt.com/Global/story.asp?S=2925778

The lab daycare that I observe at for one of my classes is seeing it as well. I work with the babies in the infant room where there are only five babies and three of the five were showing symptoms today (runny noses, coughing, irritability, and just plain old not feeling good). I felt so bad for them, one little boy who's only 1was trying so hard to hold back his coughthat we were all just sure he was going to either vomit or choke (thank goodness neither occurred). He wouldn'teat anything at all... it was just pitiful. Amazingly though, I stayed fairly calm through all of it...I didn't freak out thinking he was going tothrowup, I just felt horrible for him.

Another little boy in the toddler roomhad just returned from being out with pneumoniaand there are two others out with it at this time. And the whooping cough is going around this area too...which is a horrible illness. I don't think I've ever seen a winter this bad as far as the flu goes (

I've personally spent the past several weeks coughing and hacking and the past couple of days I've been a bit feverish and my head and neck are aching... it's just no fun!

Geez... where's summer!?!?!

~Rachel
    My journal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    wink

Giving up doesn\'t always mean that we are weak. Sometimes it just means that we are strong enough to let go.
    Unknown

Oh no! I live in Maryland and it is bad here too!

Man...not good. That stuff is going around here pretty good too! Last week my sister in law, her daughter, my step daughter and step son, their mother, and grandmother all had it. It seems to take quite a while to get over it too! All 5 of us (my 3 kids, me, and my hubby) had some sort of horrible respiratory crap a few weeks ago...I mean, it didn't even come close to missing even one of us!!!!

During Christmas break, my 2 oldest daughters and I had the influenza crap. My hubby and 1 year old didn't get it at all because they got flu shots....the sad thing is, I got a flu shot too, so the flu wasn't so bad for me. I had horrid body aches and fever for only a day, but with my girls, they were ill for a week with it. They didn't get their shots because they weren't "at risk" like me, my hubby, and my 1 year old. (my hubby has diabetes type 2, and me and my baby have asthma)

I can't wait til spring gets here...this stuff is really getting depressing!!!! [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img] Charlotte
    Spring is here!

Wow, that isn't good at all. I heard on the radio that this is the worse year for influenza. I can't wait forMarch Break, give these kids a break from the different flu's that are going around in the schools!