The flu... influenza that is, is now rearing its ugly head in Kentucky! UGH!!!

More than 30 school districts have called off school for the rest of this week and much of next week due to the flu and flu-like symptoms. Record numbers of people are heading to the doctors and it's spreading fast!
http://www.wkyt.com/Global/story.asp?S=2925778

The lab daycare that I observe at for one of my classes is seeing it as well. I work with the babies in the infant room where there are only five babies and three of the five were showing symptoms today (runny noses, coughing, irritability, and just plain old not feeling good). I felt so bad for them, one little boy who's only 1was trying so hard to hold back his coughthat we were all just sure he was going to either vomit or choke (thank goodness neither occurred). He wouldn'teat anything at all... it was just pitiful. Amazingly though, I stayed fairly calm through all of it...I didn't freak out thinking he was going tothrowup, I just felt horrible for him.

Another little boy in the toddler roomhad just returned from being out with pneumoniaand there are two others out with it at this time. And the whooping cough is going around this area too...which is a horrible illness. I don't think I've ever seen a winter this bad as far as the flu goes (

I've personally spent the past several weeks coughing and hacking and the past couple of days I've been a bit feverish and my head and neck are aching... it's just no fun!

Geez... where's summer!?!?!

~Rachel