I do not know exactly when the phobia started but I am pretty sure it was before I was a teen. Any way mine got really extreme I even associated it the the flu so also had a phobia of the flu. Mainly just the one symptom of the flu the one that this emetophobia is about. The rest of the symptoms of the flu did not bother me. However do to that I could not even say flu had to spell it. Same with flew. I no longer do that but when it was really bad I did. It also made me very afraid of babies as they have a habit of (you know the thing that people who have this phobia are afraid of). Yet I wanted to be a mother, still do actually.

Even thought I had this phobia to the extreme it seems as though at the moment I am over it, soft of. I still do not like looking at it nor thinking about it. But I am no longer afraid of babies and I no longer spell flu when talking to people when it happens to come up. Which actually is rare. An way what got me over it is alcohol and how that worked is. I had so much alcohol that it basically caused me to face my fear. Basically I drank enough to cause my self to do the very thing people with this phobia are afraid of. I did try and fight it but the more I fraught the more painful it became so had to give in. So after that my phobia just kind of went away.

Not sure if that will work very any one else as I know some people forget when they get that drunk.

Oh and I was recently reminded of this phobia do to a comic I read that had the action in it, although they did not show any thing it was implied. I am glad they did not show any thing. However being reminded of it I thought why not look up what the phobia is actually called as I had no idea. In looking it up I found this site and thought I would add my experience.