Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I think I am over it

I kind of mentioned this in my experience thread. I think I am over the phobia as I no longer have a constant fear of vomit. However if I think about it to much I will get to feeling ill. But I can easily just think about some thing else like cute little bunnies or kitties or I guess any thing cute.

I am probably the only one on here that got over it with the help of alcohol. It basically forced me to face my fear by causing me to vomit. Basically I was unable to stop it like normal and actually trying to stop it caused pain the more I tried to stop it the more pain I was in. So I had to give in and after that my fear has not been nearly as bad. I can look at it with out to much of an issue, I can look at babies, I can say the words that mean vomit including that one and I no longer spell flu.

Default Re: I think I am over it

Interesting way to recover but I'm glad you're doing better!
    My Mantra:
    If you continue to do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.
    -Originally an IES member since October, 2009-

Oooh I am glad you are doing better also, but I really don't agree with the way you are doing it. I know it is your life though. I guess I just don't like what you said because it's the people who vomit due to alcohol that cause me not to be able to go out with my friends. I am terrified of it. Good luck with your continued success though. x

alcohol did it for me too! im so glad! but i dont think i am cured of it. but its definitely less scary now that ive done it within the past year

That is good that you are more at peace. I use to drink a lot of alcohol, worked in a bar and served mainly alcohol. I have vomited from alcohol more times then I've had a stomach bug. I wish it has cured me of my phobia, I would rather vomit being drunk any day then get sick from a bug or even a hangover! I'm glad it has helped you though!
    My Jacob makes life beautiful.