Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Living with emetophobia book

I am just wondering if anyone has bought the book and if so did it work well.

I started feeling unwell this afternoon, but know its all in my head.

http://booko.com.au/books/isbn/9781843105367

Default Re: Living with emetophobia book

I have it, and read it, and made my boyfriend at the time (we're no longer together) and father read it.

It's a good book that shares a story and for someone is is just discovering this phobia that they have should read it. It was an eye opener for me.

It was only 12.95 USD on Amazon.com

I have it too. Its a great book. It explains us so well. I was wishing it would talk about noro more like the fear of it. But over all wonderful book. I would definitely reccomend it.
    This too, shall pass

If I recall correctly, someone here wrote that book. Anyone remember? It is a great book, give it a read!

-Kim

Yes, it was written by someone that was a member here. I don't think she posts anymore, though.
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

It got some bad reviews on Amazon. I only read a small part of it (online I think) and it wasn't written well. It seemed to be written in British lower-class vernacular.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You can read the first few pages online on Amazon. I'd say it was in a colloquial, rather personal style, rather than being 'British lower-class vernacular'. You'd probably be quite shocked by how the 'lower' classes actually speak if you popped over to the UK! :P

It seems to be more of an account of what it is like to live with the phobia rather than a treatment or self-help book, but it has its place.

Thanks for this post huggy I've been seeing this book for a while and pondering whether to buy it or not... however I'm looking for something which has more of a "how to deal with it" and anxiety relief type. I would actually love to get it to give to my mum to read because although she knows what i go through she kind of shrugs it off... JadeNight... Did your father and ex boyfriend give you any feedback on what they thought of it as non-emets??

Thankssssssssssssssss

I actually saw the rating on amazon.com and it didn't get a very good rating. It only tells a persons story apparently.

I think I am after the "magical" cure book as well, although we all know that it doesn't exist