Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

As I was sneaking bites of cookie dough while making cookies tonight, I realized howweirdthat is for an emet! That got me thinkingthat it would be fun to post all of the things we do that most emets wouldn't dream of doing. Like I LOVE cookie dough even though I know its not good to eat it, i ALWAYS eat a few little bites every time I bake. I also love eating out. I love salad bar and buffets!! I love food (even though it doesn't always love me) and when everdon't feel sick I usually eat until I'm stuffed silly! So what do you do that most emets wouldn't even dream of doing??

Danielle

Omg what you said was true (except for the buffet thing, not too fond of them)! You said that you love food and food doesnt loveyou, well me too lol and i too eat lots till i get stuffedhaha well i'm thankful i have such a apetite because if i didnt i'd probably lose a whole lot more weight.Hmm..I eat seafood! Something probably alot of emets wouldnt eatlol. I love how it tastes, squid, lobster, some odd looking things...but never raw like my daddy does ek! I also eat oatmeal although it looks like something haha.
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

I would definately eat cookie dough but never buffets or salads ever!!!!! If I drop food on the floor I will pick it up and eat it. I guess that is weird.

yes, my weird emet thing is definitely the fact that eating is one of my favorite hobbies! i LOVE food. </span>

[img]smileys/smilies_18.gif[/img]

Do what your heart tells you to-- even when your fears tell you not to.

You are alive....so live.

When I bake my oatmeal raisin cookies at Christmastime I always eat the batter. It contains raw eggs which could cause salmonella poisining but I dont know why I even do this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i love to eat to, and i like buffets, and salad bars...i guess i'm out of the loop, why would sald bars be bad?

mom5- I read somewhere once that salad bars are the worst food you can eat. Now I can't remember what was said exactly but it was something like the salad with the veggies and fruits are not washed properly, and because everyone serves themselves, people grab with their hands and its full of germs and so on. Ever since reading that I never again touched a salad bar again lol

I heard that about salad bars too!!!!!!!!

I eat until im stuffed too! I enjoy eating meat at restaurants, particularly eating sweets, and I too, LOVE FOOD!

I am with all of you guys, i love food buffets and salad bars, fast food and sit down resteraunts. My BIG thing is I LOVE cookies. I've eaten myself SOOOO SICK on cookies. I could eat two whole boxes of grandma's cookies. By the time I'm sick from it I welcome the V* cause it feels' soooooo horrible.

Mindy

hmmm i dont understand how an emet would ever welcome v*, ever?

anyway,i love food but usually feel sick after ive eaten no matter how much or how little. i love eating out, when i can get out
    I couldn\'t tell you why she felt that way... she felt it everyday and i couldn\'t help her... i just watched her make the same mistakes again...

I eat cookie dough and cake batter!!! My mom had salmonella once and she just had diarrhea, so I guess I'm not THAT terribly afraid of it--I am more nervous about it like from undercooked chicken and pork than I am about the raw eggs!!
    I also eat at buffets and salad bars--I use hand sanitizer after I touch the utensils, and I try to get the food that they have just put out on the buffet.

I just ate a ton of jalapeno peppers on my sub for lunch and now I'm payin' for it like I always do! Owww....I have the worst cramps right now! I love food too- I'm actually overweight!Edited by: cat283
    You control your body- it doesn\'t control you
    !

When it comes to food I am with all of you when I say that I LOVE it. When things are goin good I always make it a point to eat as much as I can till I'm full! As for non-emet things I do... when I'm in class I always bite on my nails or keep my hands by my face even though I know that's the easiest way to catch things when you haven't washed your hands. Also I love eating at fast food restaurants, even when I know all the grease will make me feel bad later.