Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default i simply cannot understand my body

Im always feeling 1 of 2 things. really good or really crap. like today, i woke up feeling kind of hungry, i had breakfast and a little while later, i felt sick. and then a couple hours later i felt hungry. so i ate, then felt sick again. few hours later, im hungry, so while im cooking dinner i eat a bit of the chicken i had, not much. and surprise surprise, i feel dreadful again! i made this huge effort to bake a home made chicken and vege pie, bought some lovely cake, and i dont even want it anymore. im feeling really nauseas and i dont even know why. and by the way im nowhere near anxious when this starts to happen. im happy as every when i eat something nad then few miutes later i am nauseas. im so confused and have no idea why i keep feeling like this all the time.
    Last edited by emmalinda; 07-01-2011 at 03:56 AM.
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

Default Re: i simply cannot understand my body

This happened to me but it ended up being to do with the acid in my stomach and the fact that there was too much of it. Everything I ate didn't stick around long if you know what I mean and I was always nauseous after eating. You should definitely see your doctor about this if you haven't already.

Strannik

what did you do to help it?
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

They prescribed me omeprazole for it.

Strannik

I was having these symptoms last year, and my doctor prescribed Omeprazole; I felt better within weeks. It could also be anxiety - you don't have to feel anxious to be anxious. I'd make an appointment to see the doctor.

happens to me all the time i think its because u get nervous after u eat which makes ur tummy upset

i dont really have this so idk, i just hope i dont take what you said and add it to my fear

I used to feel like this around two/three months ago and it is awful I know, because everytime you eat you feel extremely full and weird, even if you've only had a little of something! - I got scared and went to my GP who prescribed me some tablets for acid reflux (can't quite remember what they were called, I only used them once.. oops) and I didn't really feel a difference, maybe after 1 tablet I probably wasn't meant to. ANYWAY. What i'm trying to say is eventually that feeling past after about 3 weeks so i'm guessing for me, it was anxiety - which it could be for you. Have you only just recently started experiencing this? If so, give it a week or two and see if anything changes. Our bodies are messed up when suffering with anxiety, and like one of the above posters said, you don't have to be anxious to get anxiety symptoms. I hope you're well and it passes soon!

Acid issues can be caused by states of extreme anxiety. I know mine was; I was on holiday with my girlfriend and something (I'm not going to go into details) happened. For the rest of the weekend I felt like there were a million butterflies in my gut, and the feeling intensified every time I thought about what happened. After that I felt ill whenever I ate, and a few days later I began to feel burning down in my lower abdomen. I went to the doctor and the rest you know.

Anxiety is a horrible and powerful thing; when we learn to calm our minds we might be able to overcome many of our problems.

Strannik

i had the worste acid refux i've ever had last night. it was so bad i really thought i was gonna be sick. i took an antacid and it slowly took it away. but this mornign i wake up with terrible sharp stomach pain and nausea. did you guys every get something like that?

I never really got sharp pain or anything but my stomach felt extremely uncomfortable to the point where I thought I was going to vomit but I never did. I genuinely do think now it was most likely anxiety, due to nothing much happening after 2-3 weeks of having it. I'm sorry you're getting pain with it! I would definitely talk to your GP about it, just to be on the safe side but it is most likely anxiety. Try not to worry too much

thank you. i think im gonna watc what i eat and see if my diet is causing it. im still getting rndom bouts of nausea here and there that i cat explain but im just trying to ignore it or wait it out.

Fair enough. That sounds like a good idea, certain foods may be causing it, so yeah, watch your diet! My doctor told me to watch everything I ate because certain foods that are strong in flavour can be a cause. Read up on it on google or something, the internet is useful sometimes ha