Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Celebrities with emetophobia

Are there any celebrities that have emetophobia?

Default Re: Celebrities with emetophobia

Joan Baez does.

Howie Mandel is a severe germaphobe, as he classifies himself. He doesn't like to get sick. He wrote a book about it, actually. I read it back in September. It's a good read, funny too! It's called "Here's The Deal" if anyone's interested

Denise Richards is.

I remember reading that Kelly Rowland hates v*

Cameron Diaz I think.
    "I'd rather cross the line and suffer the consequences, than stare at the line for the rest of my life." <3

Matt Lauer, I think.
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

I've always wondered if Stephen King possibly has emet. In every single one of his books that I have read (which I admit is probably only half of his published books) there is ALWAYS a mention of v*. Now I know that might just seem like a coincidence and non-emets wouldn't even pick up on that...but seriously????

I noticed that in Stephen King's books. I think the one story of his I've read without an incident of vomiting, is The Shining. I don't think he has a phobia - if he did, wouldn't he avoid mentioning vomiting? I think he just likes to be as gory as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
    I noticed that in Stephen King's books. I think the one story of his I've read without an incident of vomiting, is The Shining. I don't think he has a phobia - if he did, wouldn't he avoid mentioning vomiting? I think he just likes to be as gory as possible.
    I'm not sure, if I were to write a scary book I'd involve v- because it's so terrifying If he finds it scary, wouldn't he include it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

really. denise richards? thats pretty cool, knowing celebrities have it
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

I wanna say Brooke Shields? I read something about some celeb having it and freaking out when she was pregnant because she had morning sickness and she would have a panic attack every time she v*.
    "I'm not supposed to be like this, but it's okay" -- The Wrong Child, R.E.M.

Quote Originally Posted by asianeko View Post
    I'm not sure, if I were to write a scary book I'd involve v- because it's so terrifying If he finds it scary, wouldn't he include it?
    I dunno, maybe. I guess I was just imagining what I would do - I'd probably avoid mentioning vomiting altogether. But everyone's different.

Quote Originally Posted by wargerbil View Post
    I wanna say Brooke Shields? I read something about some celeb having it and freaking out when she was pregnant because she had morning sickness and she would have a panic attack every time she v*.
    I could see that. Didn't she have really horrible post-partum depression after she gave birth? She had visions of slamming her babies head against the wall or something really disturbing :| . Maybe there's a connection there?
    "I'd rather cross the line and suffer the consequences, than stare at the line for the rest of my life." <3

I don't think I could ever imagine an emetophobe writing the very explicit vomit scenes from "Bag of Bones." But I've heard that Joan Baez, Matt Lauer, and Denise Richards suffered from emetophobia. There probably are more out there.

Cameron Diaz doesn't have emet per-say, she has OCD and a germ phobia.
    I know that Charlie Brooker has emetophobia, heres an article he wrote about how to survive a noro break down.
    (has some graphic scenes, but is very funny!) http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...charliebrooker i'm not sure about any others though.
    I know that there are those that are waiting for failure, but
    my answer to that is that there is no such thing as failure.
    You can only fail if you stop too soon.

If anyone watches the "Scary Movie" films, they're basically four movies that parody other movies and celebrities, Regina Hall, who plays Brenda is emetophobic and has mentioned it in an interview or two. I've met her, too but I didn't know she was emet at the time!

Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0356021/b...&p=1#181579730

Not sure if that works, but that's a post on IMDb about Regina having emetophobia. Well, they're not using the specific name but same thing...

Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."