Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Nauseous All Day?

ok so for two days now i have just felt slightly neauseous which isnt that bad, but enough to keep me from going any were or doing anything

i just went to the doctor just last week (because my mom found out i had this and wanted to role out any medical problem)

the only thing i can think of that is causing this (mentally) is that im going to ohio for a week long vacation (with a VERY long car ride, 12 hours) and im scared s***less about this whole thing

*shake* *shake* *shake*

Default Re: Nauseous All Day?

trips usually trigger my anxiety also. i take lots of distractions for the trip.....puzzle books like soduko and crossword.....now with all the video games and portable dvd players there are tons of options.

i also keep reminding myself that i've made tons of long car trips and never been ill so why should this one be any different?

do you take dramamine ? that might be helpful as it can make you drowsy enough to sleep part of the way.

i'm from ohio originally and it's a 12 hour road trip for me also.......make it a fun trip
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I used to drive from Ohio to New Hampshire a few times a year, a 14 hour trip. One of these trips was in the peak of my emet, when I was scared to leave the house! I found that having the cool air on was helpful, as was napping as much as I could. We listened to music I liked (Glee!), and I could sing along with. We also listened to my favorite comedian (2 Gryphon), who talks about recent news and also political things. That took my mind of my nerves, and instead got me into the subjects that I felt passionately about, and my boyfriend and I were able to talk about those for most of the trip. Open windows helped too!

Good luck, have fun!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

nope, the doctor i went to gave me benadryl, but i havn't ever taken meds for this

but why would i be so nervous in 7 advance???? not i only have 4 days left

Sometimes we anticipate the 'what if's' of a situation and it makes us anxious.

Can you get an audiobook to listen to? That always passes the time, for me. Also a cold bottle of water, a magazine if you can read in the car, your favorite music
    "I'd rather cross the line and suffer the consequences, than stare at the line for the rest of my life." <3

Quote Originally Posted by roadtofreedom View Post
    nope, the doctor i went to gave me benadryl, but i havn't ever taken meds for this

but why would i be so nervous in 7 advance???? not i only have 4 days left
    Benadryl can really knock me out Maybe it'll help you rest through the trip!

You may find these links helpful!