Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Smile emailed my friend to tell her about my emet..

Hey!
    I have had emetophobia for 6 years and haven't told anyone about it. I have been really thinking about telling someone lately because everyone has told me on here its good to have the support system. I am not great with confrontation so I decided to e-mail my best friend about it yesterday. When I emailed her I was in a really anxious state of mind (so the email is quite dramatic) and now I am not... I am wondering if I have made the right decision. I don't want to ruin our relationship with this! She never see's this scared side of me and only ever see's the happy and loving life kind of side of me.... I am a bit worried that I have done the wrong this. I kind of want to hack her computer and delete the email!

Default Re: emailed my friend to tell her about my emet..

If she is really your best friend, she will be totally understanding and want to help you! I'm sure everything will turn out okay!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

How did it go? I would like to hear about it

It went so well! And it feels amazing to have her know about this. She was so kind and compassionate as always and I don't know why I even worried about this! She is really understanding about it and willing to help me out particularly with the anxiety. If anything it has made our friendship stronger. Thanks for wondering All the best.

I'm glad you were able to reach out to her successfully. Sometimes people try to explain their phobia to a loved one and it goes horribly. I hope she continues to be supportive
    My Mantra:
    If you continue to do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.
    -Originally an IES member since October, 2009-