Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

As most of you know, I own two horses who are a huge part of my life.

Anyway, Saturday was their semi-annual checkup (they are on Pfizer's Preventicare program, along with most of the barn, so the semi-annual check up is barn policy) anyway, while my colt, Chip (my namesake) is angelic in every way, my mare is not. It's not her fault, she's hormonal most of the time and she also has had eye problems and has come to resent vets. Fall vet visit is easy, just two shots, one intramuscular and one intranasal, but spring visit (this one, I'm in the USA) is several IM shots along several up the nose, along with a blood draw for coggins test and dental exam.

Anyway, last spring just to get a needle in her, we needed a chain over her nose, a chain around her lip (to send endorphins to the brain, makes them loopy) along with two people holding her, and she still almost smashed my vet into the wall. This year she walked up calmly to the vet, stood on a loose lead line and let her do all her shots, no problems at all. My vet was amazed, shocked, commented to my barn owner how wonderful she was.

My farm owner, also a dear friend of mine said "we've been giving Gina (that's me) shots of confidence" and looking back, they sure have (her husband, herself, and her friend who is also my dressage/jumping instructor) I am more confident, so my mare has become too.

Anyway, the real point to this story is that maybe we all need those little "shots of confidence" with emet. Mine has been on the back burner lately, as I've (somewhat) getting my medical problems under control, until tonight actually, in tons of stomach pain. But anyway, confidence comes from within, and its not something you get over night, but it helps to have friends who can empower you. When I'm nauseous, I'm still afraid, but day to day things have been easier and easier. I guess I've become a fair-weather emet, but it's definitely a step in the right direction, IMO. I still don't have the $ to see a therapist, but I'm beginning to wonder if I've been sitting on her this whole time (my mare, haha all you dirty-minded folks).

Edited by: ChippedAway

is it just me, or can anyone else not make out the small print?

maybe its just my computer...???[img]smileys/smilies_27.gif[/img]

~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

That's the right attitude Chipped Away!!! I hope your stomach ache goes away soon!! Good to hear your emet is on the back burner!!

Babydoll,

It was very small for me too. What I did was go to View...then Text Size, then change it according to your prefrence!! (Larger,Largest, etc.)[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]Edited by: NCsmile6
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sorry about the small size, I made it bigger. I have my entire PC set to large DPI fonts, so it looked fine to me at home but when I got to school today it looked little. I'll try to remember that, sorry!

Thanks NC, it's loads better today. PMS I'm guessing! (the REAL pms, not the "pms" that guys use to blame women for everything). I have school tody, then work, then team-sorting practice (which we don't hve real practice tonight, we're watching tapes of league last week and our "coach" is going to critique them, ugh!) last day of league for my team is tomorrow! Sad, but we've done well so I'm happy too.

I'm glad your starting to feel better about emet. Thats great about your horse too that she was so calm!! I've been stuck with stomach pains all day too. urgh pmt sucks!!

I can see it now! I thought I might be going a little blind there for a few mintes, haha.

thanks for the Tip Neha!

Im so glad your doing better with your emet!
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

im so glad your feeling better [img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]and i agree we all will do better with a shot of confidence!!! btw-- you have a beautiful horse!!
    ..:.*Natalie*.:..

\"My strength is in my honosty\"~Fiona Apple

I glad your'e emet is easing up and your'e feeling better! I hate PMS too! Congratulations on getting your confidence, youa re right about it!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin