Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Fun With Beta Blockers

Any friend here on propranolol for heart related troubles or otherwise? I am terribly nauseous but I had to take my propranolol today and my stomach is fairly empty. Just A-wonderin'.

I am a recovery emet, but being this queasy still makes me extremely uncomfortable and I felt anxious a bit in the car coming home from a meeting today because my stomach was going nutsy.
    Life is so worth living.

Default Re: Fun With Beta Blockers

I feel 4 u. When my stomach hurts I get really freaked out and if its at night I can't even sleep.

I used to be on this as I have an SVT, I can't say that I noticed any nausea when taking it. How long have you been taking it? Maybe your body is still getting used to it? Taking it on an empty stomach may have caused symptoms that you wouldn't have got if you'd eaten something first too.

I'd say if you've been on it a while and you're always experiencing nausea, get a review with your GP as maybe something else will work well for you that doesn't have undesired side-effects...

Aww I've never taken it before but I hope you feel better!! Like Elski said, contact the doc and see if perhaps taking it with food would help, of if you can get a different medication. Let us know how you're doing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank ya ladies, I have SVT as well, quite often. It is a nuisance, but I feel much better today so I imagine taking it on an empty stomach was the culprit, as it rarely makes me nauseous. I was just wondering if anyone else who has taken it experienced such.
    Life is so worth living.