Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Cured/Processed Meats..

I don't know if anyone on here is simmilar to me, but I don't eat meat anymore. My mum could make a really nice roast dinner, whether it be a roast chicken or some lamb or whatever, I just can't bring myself to eat it, worrying if it is contaminated or could give me food poisoning.. well, you get my drift with that. I was wondering if anyone else is like this and also wanted to know if processed meats such as chicken nuggets, fish fingers (<< both from the freezer) & spam/peck are safer? Let me know what your thoughts are on this.

Many thanks,

Tasha.

Default Re: Cured/Processed Meats..

I would think fresh meat that's been cooked thoroughly is safer than processed stuff like spam, in reality though everything you mention is safe to eat as long as it's within date, stored properly and prepared properly. Mmmm, I love a roast dinner!

Quote Originally Posted by Elski View Post
    I would think fresh meat that's been cooked thoroughly is safer than processed stuff like spam, in reality though everything you mention is safe to eat as long as it's within date, stored properly and prepared properly. Mmmm, I love a roast dinner!
    I guess. I just am really fussy about what I eat right now. I hope in time it will get better but I was just wondering that's all. Thanks for your reply. & yeah, so do I!

I'm vegan, but it is in no way related to my emet... so I have no idea really about meat safety.
    "I'm not supposed to be like this, but it's okay" -- The Wrong Child, R.E.M.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasha'93 View Post
    I guess. I just am really fussy about what I eat right now. I hope in time it will get better but I was just wondering that's all. Thanks for your reply. & yeah, so do I!
    You'll definitely get better in time. I ate a vegetarian diet for about 12 years due to my emet but slowly broke out of it

I can't say I'm a fussy eater because of this...I eat everything, and try anything...lol.

As long as the meat is cooked properly like somebody else said, then you should be ok.