Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Very quick question, please read!

I wanted to make myself a burger tonight, and I believe the meat has been in the freezer for about a month. Would it still be good to use? I asked my mom and she said it should be fine, she knows how I am so I know she wouldn't just say it just to shut me up.

Please reply! I really want a burger! haha

Default Re: Very quick question, please read!

Sure - meat's fine in the freezer for like a year. (Although I think FoodSafe says 6 months)
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you so much! My anxiety was starting to take over so I had to ask!

Yeah, a few weeks ago, my mum made burgers out of meat that she froze in late 2009. She didn't tell me until Monday, and I had no idea. Not recommended, but no one got ill!
    Come visit my history blog:

I've made a london broil, frozen chicken breasts and several other meats I didn't use before their suggested dates. Long as it's a frozen slab it will be fine. Nothing new is going to fester on it if it's frozen. Can't promise the taste will be as good though!
    Life is so worth living.

When I was in scotland, my auntie made burgers that were in the freezer for approx two and a half years! everyone was fine :P
    I know that there are those that are waiting for failure, but
    my answer to that is that there is no such thing as failure.
    You can only fail if you stop too soon.

Yah, it should be fine...as long as a meat is used by the "freeze by or sell by" date, you are good.

My grandma is a complete food hoarder, I swear she has meat in her freezer that she got before the 2. world war, and she`s never sick *laughs* so I would say meat can absolutely be eaten after a month in the freezer
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
    ~Herm Albright

I think when something is frozen (and stays frozen!) then the growth of spoilage bacteria is stopped, not just slowed as it is in the refrigerator. For that reason I'm not at all surprised at all the stories of LONG food residence times in the freezer with no illness as a result. I think the recommendations to toss frozen food after awhile is due to the fact that eventually it will probably be safe but just not very good and maybe lacking in nutritional value too after some point.