Quote Originally Posted by livepink View Post
I think you should definitely go for it if that's what you want to do I became a CNA and before that if I even saw v* I would practically pass out but now I can clean it up as long as I don't breathe haha. If I see it happen it's a different story but you do get used to it and realize it's really only food and as long as you practice good hygiene you should be fine. don't let this fear hold you back because you are capable of overcoming it !
I totally agree with this post! And you actually DO get kind of used to it. I'm a flight attendant and have been for 10+ years and have seen my share of vomit over the years. Of course I have 6-10 other coworkers on board with me and that makes it a little easier but I have dealt with it plenty by myself. When I first started flying I would be absolutely paralyzed with fear if someone even said they felt ill....and if they happened to get sick I'd be shaking like crazy and end up starving myself for a week. I was a total mess and thought about quitting many times.

But I didn't, and I love my job and couldn't imagine doing anything else. Now I still get a bit anxious if someone is sick, but I mostly feel horrible for the passenger and try to help them in any way I can.

Emet should never hold you back from doing what you love...and I didn't ever want to look back and regret not doing something because of it.