No, I would never knowingly go into a field that involved vomit because, especially in the medical field, I would feel that if my patient started vomiting, and I'd start freaking out (quietly), I wouldn't be able to properly take care of my patient even if I managed to pull myself together and go through the motions. I'd feel like a fraud.

As a patient, I would be livid if I found out that the doctor or nurse or dental assistant who is supposed to be taking care of me has emetophobia because I know what this disorder does to a person and I don't want "me" in another body responsible for my wellbeing. No way.

I'm very surprised how many of you are in the medical field because I always assumed that anyone who would be a nurse or doctor etc wouldn't have a problem with puke.... or blood.... or guts and gore, etc. Guess I'm wrong. And that worries me because now I feel like I should be asking my doctor, her nurse, my dentist, his assistants, etc if they have emetophobia or any other disorder I should know about! lol