Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Re: Do/did you ever want to a job that may include vomit?

I am a driving examiner. We get a quite a few people who feel sick with nerves, it's very rare it actually happens though. My colleagues all know about my emet and would swap candidates with me if I needed them to. I always worry what I'd do though if we were already out on the road and it happened.

Default Re: Do/did you ever want to a job that may include vomit?

I thought about nursing, then I thought about the vomit involved. Definitely not for me. In my current job, sometimes I have to "dress out" female prisoners to make sure that they do not carry contraband into the jail. That is sometimes scary when you get the drunks that can't hold their liquor. There are also some that will try to make themselves vomit because they think that it will get them out of jail if they are sick. I am always afraid of catching some sort of virus from them. Most of the ones that come in are not exactly focused on their personal hygiene!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I am beautiful, no matter what they say..." ~Christina Aguilera~