Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Would you want to be able to know when you'd v* next?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definately yes!

28 52.83%
  • Probably

10 18.87%
  • Probably not

4 7.55%
  • Definately not!

11 20.75%

Question Would you want to know ahead of time the date that you would next v*?

I think about this all the time... if you had the opportunity to know ahead of time the date of the next time you'd v*, would you want to take it? meaning, if there was this machine thingy that said: you will v* next on 11-11-11 or something, would you want to use it? I always wonder...because if I knew I wouldn't v* that day, I'd be able to live life to the fullest without being all paranoid. But I would also be dreading that date. What do you guys think?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Would you want to know ahead of time the date that you would next v*?

I think I would. I understand why someone wouldn't.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Would you want to know ahead of time the date that you would next v*?

I voted in relation to my phobia. I'm only afraid of other people doing it so I changed the question for me to "Would you want to know ahead of time the date when someone else will vomit around you?" and I said yes, because obviously I could lock myself in my room and avoid everyone!
    Come visit my history blog:

Yes, I think I'd like to know so I could prepare myself. You know, take the day off work, make sure I'm not riding the bus and such...

yes! i would love to know that and maybe avoid eating or avoid people the days before just in case its from sv*

lol yes, i would definately want to know when people would v around me! i'd put on a gas mask and rubber gloves and hide!

I`d only want to know so that I could take something in advance to prevent it.

The fear is always much worse than the thing we fear so definitely not, because it would be absoloute torture for me obsessing and panicking every minute of every day leading up to it. If it just happens, I'll still freak out of course but at least the anticipatory anxiety wouldn't be there so the torture would be a lot less. Not knowing allows me to believe (hope) that it will NEVER happen. But if I knew ahead of time, then that would just prove to me that all my vigilence, hygeine... all my crazy emetophobia rituals that I think keep me safe are for nothing because despite all those things, it's going to happen on such-and-such a date. So no, I definitely would not want to know.

I would definitely want to know. It would let me enjoy all the other days a lot more. But hairyfairy, as I understand the question, there's nothing you could do to prevent it. It's going to happen on that date. I would also be sure to eat a lot of things I already don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by bananas View Post
    I would definitely want to know. It would let me enjoy all the other days a lot more. But hairyfairy, as I understand the question, there's nothing you could do to prevent it. It's going to happen on that date. I would also be sure to eat a lot of things I already don't like.
    That's exactly what I was going to say. It's the day you'll next definitely vomit. If you're able to prevent it, it's not the day you'll next vomit, is it?
    Come visit my history blog:

I would want to know ahead of time. If I knew, I could live each day to the fullest and without fear of v*. When the time came, I could make sure I was at home, prepared, with someone to support me. There would be a lot less stress in my world, and a lot more sleep.

Yes! I wouldn't worry about vomiting naturally so I'd live free till the week of utter destruction approaches. I'd take 75mg of Promethazine before hand, which to my understanding, disallows vomiting, literally. I'd probably end up falling down stairs from the pills effects and vomit from a concussion lol.

I voted no. As much as it is nice to be prepared for said things in life, especially being sick I'd rather just live every day the best I can without thinking "Oh gosh on such and such date I'm going to get sick" and feel any sort of dread. Even though I am pretty well recovered it is still not something I like to think about happening at all. I think the phobic will always be a part of me. As long as I can handle it well I am doing well. It's like knowing when you will die. A lot of people might live their lives with that feeling of dread, not knowing how it will be, how unpleasant, what exactly may happen etc etc and some phobics may even link being sick with death making it even more dreadful.
    Life is so worth living.

Yes! Then I could at least be prepared and not live EVERY day thinking "Today's gonna be the day (or night)." I could travel & not be so afraid of it happening in public...

Just thought of something. If we said yes, there is always the possibility that we'd vomit 1-3 more times... EVAH!

Yes because then i would know all the days before then that im not going to throw up and i could do what i want.. And on the date im going to v* i would know to stay home from school..

I'm thinking the same as everyone else. I'd want to know because if it's going to happen, I'd rather be at home, and I'd rather be alone. Plus it would probably make me work much harder at getting over some of the anxiety. It'd become a goal of mine to be able to handle it well-ish by the time the day came.
    emetophobia shmemetophobia! -

Absolutely positively yes I would love to know. The idea that I would be able to live the other days without obsessing if "today was going to be the day" would be a blessing for me. It's so sad when you think about the hours and days of our lives we've wasted being stressed and scared-can you imagine how much more enjoyable those days could have been?
    Of course when the dreaded time was approaching I would be an absolute mess but I would only drink water and eat jello in the week or so leading up to it.

That's a really good question, (kudos) yet so hard to answer. It's like the question; "If you could find out when and how your going to die, would you want to know?" My honest answer would be 'probably'. And i'm not even sure about that, lol.

Yes, of course!
    I want to know this because I would prepare myself.. I'm always afraid of vomiting in the public (especially school) and I don't want it happens to me.
    I know I'd be veeery anxious, but I think that's better than vomiting in public.

Lol! Yeah! It would have really prevented my "truth or dare" incident (please, don't ask) because I think that I may have caught something from someone those couple of months ago. I only say probably, though, because while it would be very nice to know, it would also be kind of scary to know at the same time.
    “Never, ever, let anyone tell you what you can and can’t do. Prove the cynics wrong. Pity them for they have no imagination. The sky’s the limit. Your sky. Your limit.”
    -Tom Hiddleston

Quote Originally Posted by AnimatedFreak101 View Post
    Lol! Yeah! It would have really prevented my "truth or dare" incident (please, don't ask) because I think that I may have caught something from someone those couple of months ago. I only say probably, though, because while it would be very nice to know, it would also be kind of scary to know at the same time.
    If its been a couple of months, I think you good.

Lol! No I meant that I v* 2 months ago and I think I caught it from someone at my 'incident.'
    “Never, ever, let anyone tell you what you can and can’t do. Prove the cynics wrong. Pity them for they have no imagination. The sky’s the limit. Your sky. Your limit.”
    -Tom Hiddleston