Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Re: How do you react when someone tells you they feel sick?

I wish I could have more empathy and not seem so rude when somebody near me says they feel sick

Last year, in the middle of winter (noro season) I was on a long distance bus trip and a little boy sitting opposite me was complaining about feel sick, and then v* all over himself and the seat. I instinctively shot out of my seat and moved to another part of the bus.

Ever since I've found myself very alert to people using the word "sick", and on more than one occasion I've mistaken similar words (like suck, or sock) that I misheard as sick. How embarrassing.

Default Re: How do you react when someone tells you they feel sick?

Quote Originally Posted by jet1550 View Post
    I wish I could have more empathy and not seem so rude when somebody near me says they feel sick
    I completely know what you mean. My immediate defensive reaction is to turn into a total bitch and I appear so cold and heartless, but I'm not really like that. I just ask a lot of questions and I think I even border on mean. I can't help it though.
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.