Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default More afraid of yourself vomiting or seeing someone else? And why?

I used to be afraid of others doing it but then I became afraid of myself doing it also. I feel like there are some deep psychological issues behind it that I might have to work through to get past my phobia.

Default Re: More afraid of yourself vomiting or seeing someone else? And why?

myself more

I'm more or less equally afraid of both...I'm afraid of others vomiting, only because I'd worry that I'd catch something from them and eventually throw up myself, which terrifies me just as much! Of course I'm also afraid of other people vomiting on me, not just near me, so that's another factor to my overall emetophobia as well as the reason why I run like hell when someone close by says they feel sick.

Why? Haha because vomiting is gross, smelly, messy, embarrassing, and (to all of us emets) terrifying and traumatizing. You lose most of the control over yourself while it's happening, the sensation is very unpleasant and uncomfortable, and (unless you've a powerful mindset) your body may not stop doing it for quite a while, if it feels the need. It horrifies me to hear it, see it, smell it, or do it....as much as I'm grateful to evolution for all it's done to enable our fragile human bodies to protect themselves, vomiting is one defensive bodily reflux I would love to live without.
    Panic at the thought of doing something is a challenge to do it.

I am definately more afraid of others. It started as a worry that it would make me vomit too, but now I don't mind doing it myself. Like SweetThinker, my worst nightmare is getting someone else's vomit on me, not out of fear of catching anything, but because vomit is so disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca85 View Post
    I am definately more afraid of others. It started as a worry that it would make me vomit too, but now I don't mind doing it myself. Like SweetThinker, my worst nightmare is getting someone else's vomit on me, not out of fear of catching anything, but because vomit is so disgusting.
    EXACTLY like me!!! I hate hearing it too though, even it is nowhere near me. Like if someone is in another room or something and I can hear it, I just freak out so bad. Ugh.

Pretty much just like Sweet, except that I'm not afraid of the germs. For me, it's a really bad "weak stomach". I'm always afraid that if someone around me v*, then I'm going to v*, then someone else will v*, and that will be like some wild chain reaction... I am afraid of v*ing, but I'm mostly afraid of the pain and the fact that I have to see it coming from myself.

I am more afraid of vomiting myself. I definitely don't want to see or hear anyone else vomit, but I can't even begin to describe my fear of actually vomiting myself. I just pass out whenever it does happen, it has been a long time though. Seems like I lose control of myself, including bodily functions, if you know what I mean. Other people can vomit all day long if they please, but I definitely don't want to do it myself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I am beautiful, no matter what they say..." ~Christina Aguilera~

Definitely myself. I hate seeing it/Hearing it/whatever. But only because i might get the germs or whatever and end up v* ing