Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default What words disgust you the most?

Words for v* that disgust you the most? I really don't like any of them, but the two that I can handle best is throw up and vomit.

Default Re: What words disgust you the most?

Puke.. I hate that word.. barf doesn't sound too nice either.
    This too, shall pass

I hate the word "chuck". I can't stand it. And I really can't stand the word "bucket" either. I hate them both!
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I usually hate words that are often associated with v*....like "chunks" and "splatter"and "retch"....ughh *shudders* :P
    Panic at the thought of doing something is a challenge to do it.

LOL, Stephenie, someone told me to stop saying barf the other night in the chat room.

I don't particularly dislike any of them, and being able to say them can be empowering for an emet. A lot of those words, I don't think they had been coined the last time I hurled, booted, yakked, did the technicolor yawn.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

Ahaha woww doug. I wouldn't go as far as to say "stop saying barf" I mean.. that's rude. Its not like you're intentionally trying to make them feel uncomfortable but whatever. Hahaha. Is it a nice word that makes me happy and makes me wanna eat everything? No. Lol but its not like its the worst thing to hear in the world. Jussssayin'
    This too, shall pass

None of them bother me but I don't much like descriptive terms like 'projectile' vomiting or 'violently' sick!

I have a whole list of them on my emetophobia resource page. I think I have all of the ones listed here and then some. If you can think of any more to send me I'd appreciate it. "Technicolour yawn" I find hilariously funny for some reason.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

Ralph & Earl, aha.
    Life is so worth living.

Sage, there is a list of 339 online, but many of them are made up. I don't think they should be listed unless someone's actually used them in speech.
    http://www.c4vct.com/kym/humor/puke.htm

Some I recognize:
    The big spit
    Liquid laugh
    Lose your lunch
    Oral diarrhea
    Rainbow retch
    Toss up
    Do the tummy toss
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

"Praying to the porcelain God" and "Calling on the Moose" are words we often use in my country for throwing up
    I really don`t like the phrase blowing chunks *yuk*

I never minded the phrase "toss your cookies" all that much, lol....to me, that euphemism makes the act seem much less frightening and disgusting....I mean, if anything flies out of my mouth, I'd rather it be real cookies than partially digested food!
    Panic at the thought of doing something is a challenge to do it.

I'm not much help here, because I find it hard to type them!!! But I hate them all, especially all the slang ones, if that helps any.

The absolute worst for me -

Spew,
    Chuck,
    Blowing chunks.

Ugh!

I hate all words related but the worst are barf and blowing chunks.

Post Re: What words disgust you the most?

Like a few others here, I absolutely hate:
    Blow chunks
    Spew
    They're awful words! I don't really like the word puke, I think it actually is an icky sounding word.
    But oddly, I HATE saying vomit or vomiting. I don't know why, just hate it. I'll stick to saying "sick" or "V*"
    Haha

Barf.
    Blow chunks.
    Vomit.
    those bother me the most, though saying and hearing the words doesn't upset me that much.

I agree with brightstars, puke is just a gross sounding word. I don't like "tossing his cookies" because I remember my teacher describing a classmate as "in the toilet tossing his cookies", and I didn't know what it meant at first, and then when I put it together, I freaked out and went home "sick"

Also, never talked to that kid again for the rest of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by sage View Post
    I have a whole list of them on my emetophobia resource page. I think I have all of the ones listed here and then some. If you can think of any more to send me I'd appreciate it. "Technicolour yawn" I find hilariously funny for some reason.
    Me too! I actually laughed out loud when I saw that!

Oh, and I had better actually answer the question. I can say and type any of them without feeling bad. Although I do agree that some sound a bit more crude than others. I think blowing chunks is probably the worst one I can think of. Probably because it makes me visualise the chunks.

Quote Originally Posted by gumdropper1 View Post
    Sage, there is a list of 339 online, but many of them are made up. I don't think they should be listed unless someone's actually used them in speech.
    http://www.c4vct.com/kym/humor/puke.htm

Some I recognize:
    The big spit
    Liquid laugh
    Lose your lunch
    Oral diarrhea
    Rainbow retch
    Toss up
    Do the tummy toss
    One that is not on that 399 list is "pavement pizza"... my friend used to call it that whenever she saw it on the ground and I found that pretty gross actually.

Actually, I just realised it is on there but they call it "Thunder-chunder pavement pizza".... oh well.
    Last edited by haylz113; 08-26-2011 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Update

Bug. the one and only word that terrifies me.
    "Oh I've had a stomach bug"
    frightens me to death

I hate saying it, i even shouted at my boyfriend for calling an insect "a bug" the other day.

None of the other words for being sick bother me though? No idea why it's only that one word in particular that gets me anxious..

I don't like the word or name Chuck either. I can't even stand that they have a children's pizza place called Chuck E Cheese. It just sounds gross. I don't like the name Ralph either :/
    My Jacob makes life beautiful.