Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Vomit droplet radius

Hi
    Really having a panic... Just had a lovely night out and heading back home step off the train and someone about 6 ft away was v**... can i catch it?

Default Re: Vomit droplet radius

No. Unless you went up to him and licked his face...But you dont know it was a sv* he couldve been drunk or something! sorry it happend
    Why blame God for every tear when you don't thank him for every smile?

Thanks i just get worried it was airborne... guess hearing it makes me feel better... still ruined night

thats icky. Im sorry that happened. Once while walking home from school my best friend did it literally 6 inches from me...i ran home!
    Why blame God for every tear when you don't thank him for every smile?

Some sources have said the radius is 4 metres. Others say "a large radius" so I don't know what they mean by that and I tend to think 4 metres is probably closer to accurate. 4 metres is about 13 feet, so assuming the person vomiting is the centre, at 6 feet away you're pretty close to being outside of it. Again, as someone said upthread, the person sick could have been drunk or sick for a thousand other reasons, so I wouldn't give it another thought.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wouldn`t it depend on the wind?
    If the wind is blowing from that person, towards you, wouldn`t that radius of 4 metres become smaller and vice versa if the wind is blowing away you?
    If there was a virus, and it spread through air that is.

(this person was probably drunk, but I`m just curious)
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
    ~Herm Albright

I think if you got away quickly you'd be fine. Some of the cases of norovirus spreading through a room exposure to a person vomiting involved people sitting still for a long time, like at a banquet.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

Nope you cannot