Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Lightbulb What are some of your healthy habits?

I am really trying to help myself on this very long road to recovery. When I feel a little anxious or a bit depressed with my emetophobia I like to go running or walking or just excersize in general. Music also plays a bit part in my habits that I try to do when I am fearful. Sometimes these things are hard to do when your so focused on emetophobia. Just wondering what your habits are, if you have any?
    Thanks and I hope you all doing okay. We have to try to remember there is sunshine on the otherside of the hill.

Default Re: What are some of your healthy habits?

music is my kind of freedom. ill take a drive somewhere and just sit by the water and enjoy nature and forget about all my problems. i will do arts and crafts. i watch movies. tons of other stuff =]

Agreed. Art is a good escape... particularly photography. Can't wait to get my full license to just drive somewhere to get away from it all! Thanks!

I don't know if you'd call it a habit, but if I'm around my boyfriend or a friend I trust, I try like hell to get into a conversation with them. I force myself to sit, not to pace, and to talk about something other than v* or my emet or my panic. It's the quickest way to get my mind off of it. And usually my friends are good at creating engaging conversations.

i will go for a drive and put on some nice music. i love walking as well. although i fear i will be sick outside in front of others if i go when im feeling sick. but there are some nice areas around where i live that i enjoy going to. It souds wierd but sometimes i hate being at home when i feel sick. I will jump in the car and literally just drive anywhere. it seems to make me feel better. I go through so much petrol though
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

Steelers Country! Pennsylvania, United states

Quote Originally Posted by emmalinda View Post
    i will go for a drive and put on some nice music. i love walking as well. although i fear i will be sick outside in front of others if i go when im feeling sick. but there are some nice areas around where i live that i enjoy going to. It souds wierd but sometimes i hate being at home when i feel sick. I will jump in the car and literally just drive anywhere. it seems to make me feel better. I go through so much petrol though
    I love to go driving too! as long as I am driving, I feel like I am in control so, I don't get anxious I find driving and listening to music to be very calming. Even if I'm upset about something that has nothing to do with my emet, I find driving and listening to my favorite music to help me calm down