Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: heat

Default heat

sometimes i feel kind of sick cause when its hot...and it makes me sooooo nervess....i mean people dont even know but....

i dont know why...but today was like that. i was just sitting there and trying so hard to not run... its just so hard. and im going to camp and gonna be out all day and really hot. maybe drinking water helps? does it help with the sick feeling when its really hot?

anyone feel like this?

Default Re: heat

heat can definitely make you feel bad. the best thing to do is stay hydrated......water or gatorade will do the trick......

have fun at camp
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I've been feeling nauseous for a few days now...I think its a combo of the heat and my period coming

Too hot!! The heat index yesterday afternoon was 123 degrees. Today I'm just not listening to the radio or news!! I ended up working 2 1/2 hrs longer than I needed to, and now I'm hiding out in the a/c'd bedroom (only room in the house!) with my laptop watching Netflix to hide from the heat. Salad night tonight!!!

Heat definitely makes you feel icky. You'll feel worse if you don't stay hydrated though so keep drinking!!
    "I'm not supposed to be like this, but it's okay" -- The Wrong Child, R.E.M.

Yeah, my sister and I are both very sensitive to heat, too...but there are ways to overcome the discomfort caused by extreme heat: stay hydrated (with water or Gatorade), rest often in the shade, wear sunglasses & a sunhat & loose clothing, and keep your blood sugar up. If the heat starts to make you feel nauseous, just seek shelter in an air conditioned room and relax to cool off, and you should be fine!

You may also want to carry around some peppermints while you're at camp....they soothe nausea, and they cool your mouth naturally!
    Panic at the thought of doing something is a challenge to do it.