Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Female stuff

I was diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome about 5 years ago, causing me to have irregular periods. I usually only got my period once or twice a year. I ended up losing a lot of weight and my periods started coming every other month. I ended up going on birth control in 2002 which did make me have regular periods. I discontinued using any sort of birth control in September 2004. I had my period in October and November, 30 days apart each time. Then, I went 42 days and didn't start until January 3. It has been 44 days now since my last period and I feel no signs of it coming on any time soon. I usually get a migraine about a week before and get really hungry, bloated, etc. I would love to be pregnant, but don't want to "jump the gun" and run out and buy a pregnancy test ( I did that last month). I thought I would wait until the end of next week and see what happens. If I still haven't started, then I may take one. I'm not having any pregnancy symptoms. I am sick with a cold and had some nausea last week, but I think that is because I was already sick. I did have some breast tenderness 2 weeks ago, but none since.

What do you guys think? Could I be pregnant?

Jess

Not having any personal pregnancy experience myself I don't know what you'd feel like exactly but I'd imagine its possible I mean if your late. Personally I'd jump the gun and go out and buy the test lol. I have low tolerence for suspense lol. Dont' they come in 2's? I'd save one for next time lol. Good luck to you! Please let us know when you do find out!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Hi, I am experienced three times around. I always had period symptoms when I was pregnant. If you are worried then go buy a test... By all means you are not jumping the gun, just peace of mind and not to be wondering so much. Let us know.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I defenilty agree and say just go out and buy a test, what can it hurt? It will totally put your mind at ease knowing, and make sure you buy one with 2 tests, you can do one now, and in a week or so. I don't think you are jumping the gun at all, you need piece of mind. Good luck, and let us know.
    That which does not kill us only makes us stronger.

I say go buy the test. I still had some period symptoms even when I was pregnant, but the breast tenderness I would have was always an indicator of pregnancy in me. With my last child, I had gone off of the BC pills in Feb. I never got a period after I quit taking them, so by April, I got to thinking, hum ............ maybe I ought to go get that pregnancy test. (I had a lot going on and didnt realize just how long it had been since I had a period.) Anyway, I was pregnant. Hence my Emily you see in my avatar. I think it is better to go ahead and find out. Let us know!!

I would say get the test. Being only 13 I have nothing much to give advice on, but I wish you luck with whatever comes your way![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Well, I started my period today. I guess I just get kind of excited when it is late because I think there is a chance I may be pregnant. Thanks everyone!