Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: When was the last time you V?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sometime this year

5 15.15%
  • Between 1-2 years ago

2 6.06%
  • Between 2-5 years ago

8 24.24%
  • More than 5 years ago

18 54.55%

Default Maybe an awkward question?

When was the last time you V? It just seems like most of the people who have this fear are actually people who are very rarely sick at all. I was sick last year (which started this emet) but before that I was just a small girl and im 27 now! Makes you wonder why I worry about it so much then..

Default Re: Maybe an awkward question?

I'm 21 and the last time was in 2007ish, I think, so 4 years ago. Before that it was about 10 years ago, and before that, five years ago.
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

it's been about 14 years.

Read my signature.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

Over eight years ago. And I can't even remember when the time before that was. Maybe five years prior or so? I'm definitely not prone to it, but I'm still so fearful of it. Gah!

Quote Originally Posted by gumdropper1 View Post
    Read my signature.
    35 years? Seriously?

lol..that's a good point. It does seem that us emets rarely do v*.

Haha, it kinda makes sense though. When it happens so infrequently (sometimes never), it's easier to be afraid of it and the uncertainty of it. It's annoying, either way, ha.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyskies View Post
    Haha, it kinda makes sense though. When it happens so infrequently (sometimes never), it's easier to be afraid of it and the uncertainty of it. It's annoying, either way, ha.
    That's what I was thinking, I mean people who v* all the time, don't even blink when they do it or see it! it's like water off a ducks back to them...
    I know that there are those that are waiting for failure, but
    my answer to that is that there is no such thing as failure.
    You can only fail if you stop too soon.

Right. Makes you wonder if they're the lucky ones because even though they deal with it constantly, they have no problem with it. Whereas those who are fortunate enough to hardly ever v* are the ones more afraid/bothered by it. *head spins*

Pretty ridiculous, haha.

Maybe that's part of why we're phobic. It's just not something that's "normal" for us, and what isn't normal is scary...
    Come visit my history blog:

Around 13 years ago.

For me it was almost five years ago; it's not clear what the exact cause was.

Quote Originally Posted by Mumof2 View Post
    35 years? Seriously?
    Yes, yes. I'm the king of one-way digestion. My stomach contents haven't propagated orally in 35 1/2 years. Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

Looks like the results have backed up our theory! Most of us haven't been sick in more more than 5 years.

16 years... I can't believe it's been that long. I'm not even proud of that either, I'm actually quite ashamed. A part of me is hoping I can just get it over and done with so I can say "That was it?" and move on with life. It's sad how it's never that easy.

Blushes that's how I feel. I know v* isn't as bad as I think it is. But how can I tell that to my unconscious mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mumof2 View Post
    Blushes that's how I feel. I know v* isn't as bad as I think it is. But how can I tell that to my unconscious mind!!
    It really is the million-dollar question most (if not all) emets want the solution to!

I haven't vomited since Feb 14, 1996 (it's so sad I know the exact date and this is one anniversary I absolutely hate)- so a little over 15 years.

January, 2003. About 8 years ago I guess.
    My Mantra:
    If you continue to do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.
    -Originally an IES member since October, 2009-

Wow, I feel like such a poser emet. I've been sick once a year for the past three years. Before that it was about 5 years.

You may find these links helpful!

im 24 years old last time i v*ed was when i was 11, and before that i was 5
    LIVE OUT YOUR DREAM TODAY, BECAUSE TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME.