Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default After a good period, feeling like I'm back to square one

Hi everyone!

Firstly, I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong place, I am still figuring the forum out!

Now to the main thing. I have been tackling anxiety, emetophobia for about a year now, after 2 years of hiatus from it. During this period, I've started also my meds (Zoloft, 50mg) which I am taking for about 7 months now. I also take therapies with psychologist, and so far, I felt the amplitude was up and down, which I feel is normal, with setbacks - some more severe than others.

Until couple of days ago, I have had some "wins", doing things I wouldn't normally (under the Anxiety) do, but then I again slowly started feeling as I am going back to my cocoon, that oversensitivity is starting to rise up,neurosis and anxiety are prevailing.

So, last two days I am feeling quite of, down, with something I can only explain as "stage fright" feeling in my stomach, with difficulty of eating, because of all sensations. I am again focused and frightened of all of the "signals" my body is producing...

I just wanted to ask, is it normal to have these kind of setbacks after rather better periods, while on meds as well?

To top it all, my therapist moved the meeting for next week, because of family situation, so I am trying to tackle this somehow, but it's going nowhere so far.

Thank you very much for any insight and for your time!! (sorry for longer post)

Default Re: After a good period, feeling like I'm back to square one

i go through periods like that myself.....so i consider it normal i try and remember all the progress i've made and the things i've done successfully and look at it as a mild setback.....push yourself out of it......don't let it get your down.......

congrats on the good times.......they far outweigh the bad......
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you very much olschesky for the reply and your experience!!

happens to me too. a month ago i forgot what it's like to be an emet actually. and last week i had most terrible setback, couldn't eat or go out... now i'm good again, so it's just how this goes, you just have to keep moving forward, setbacks get easier and shorter, and someday, i believe, they won't come back take care!

Thank you very much nendre! I guess that theses setbacks we have are actually reminders that we got out of our comfort zone, yet we still feel that we need to be in it! It's a clash of emotions!

Take care and best wishes!