Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Quite scared...don't know what to think

My parents have gone abroad for a week (they'll be back in 4 days) and I'm so scared. I haven't eaten anything for 3 days and I feel really tired and weak and not really myself - is this because I'm hungry? Have I got a bug? I'm so restless and scared. I feel really sick. I don't know how I'll cope until Saturday evening. I just miss mum so much - what do I do??

I was supposed to go on the holiday with them but I couldn't face getting on the plane - imagine sitting in a confined space where they actually give you a sick bag! Omg, I just couldn't do that....meh..

Default Re: Quite scared...don't know what to think

Okay, don't freak out. At least you have a reason for feeling this way, and I'm pretty sure it's not that your sick. You are hungry, you've just been hungry for long enough that your body is telling you in a different way. It can bee really hard to eat, I know, I went quite a while without eating after I had the most terrifying experience of my life.... But you have to, I know it is hard, if you are scared of you-know-what, try mild foods like toast or crackers, or if you have a food that you love a lot and will never turn down (mine is a burrito lol) then now is the time to get it out. I'm usually scared to eat, but I have to make myself do it. Not eating will make everything worse, force yourself to eat.

No on the topic of your parents being gone? That is tough. (I wouldn't have gone with them either, airplanes are so... eugh, they scare me) But remember, the internet is here for you. It's amazing how many people are willing to listen, offer advice, or just talk to help you get your mind off of things. Feel free to message me at any time if you need anything at all, okay? (all I do is sit at home, and I check my messages on every website all time lol) You have plenty of people here for you

Please, please eat something. You will feel SO much better when you do. It doesn't have to be anything fancy. Toast, cereal, chocolate, crisps - anything. No wonder you feel dreadful if you haven't eaten for three days! I'm sorry you missed out on the holiday! This week will go quickly though and your parents will be back soon! In the meantime, be nice to yourself - do activities you enjoy, read a book etc. And please do eat something xxx

Not eating for three days will make you feel VERY sick. You need to eat something. You will feel physically and mentally better.
    "I'm not supposed to be like this, but it's okay" -- The Wrong Child, R.E.M.