Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: guilt

i dont know if this is just the person i am or because of the lack of confidence due to emet and anxiety etc, but does anybody else beat themselves up an feel guilty for the slightest things or feel like they are doin sumthin wrong bcos sumone tells u not to do it even if wat ur doin isnt wrong they just dont agree? i constantly analyse everything in my head bcos im so afraid of feeling guilty or having somethin to worry about, an i can think about the same thing for months and months until ive worked it out in my head bcos i cant handle feelin guilty or bad anymore, even tho ive not done anything wrong? is this an emet/anxiety thing or is this just me?
    \'I know it aint easy, but thats okay because we\'re hopeful....\' - Faith Evans

You sound like me! I think it's the anxiety. I always feel guilty over things people usually don't feel guilty about. It sucks and it's something to work on but I know exactly what you mean!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

yeah!! its really gettin me down so bdly, i always have sumthin to worry about, if i 4get about sumthin my brain will automatically think of somethin to fill in the space that not worryin has left, its like im so scared of feelin guilty/anxious/bad i think of the worst case scenario and go thru it agen and agen to make sure i havent done it/its not going to happen or isnt happening. its exhausting!
    \'I know it aint easy, but thats okay because we\'re hopeful....\' - Faith Evans

I analyze sooo muchI think that's whyI am so social phobic..I need to analyze whateverI say. I'm afraid of saying something wrong and then someone takes it another way and i'd feel guilty. There are so many times i typed a post and i just deleted it. I even check for spelling and grammatical errors! O.o
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

EXACTLY! I also worry about being too happy or things going to well because then it's like "ok is something bad gonnahappen now" and I know it's silly but I think that way rather than enjoy the good times.
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

faith if u have the opportunity i urge u to try and get therapy because
    it will help u use your v expirience and it will also teach your mind
    not to think like this...
    \"Some things I cannot change
    But till I try I\'ll never know
    Too long I\'ve been afraid\"

Aim/aol: baseballplaya123

so its not just me then...does anyone else find it absolutely exhausting? i cant remember a time in my life when i was happy which is very sad, purely because i let things play on my mind and i wont let them go, forgive myself or move on. does anyone else think this is anxiety related?

Sounds like me... I do the anylize thing and I feel like if I am happy about stuff then for some reason I won't be for long... And the guilt thing... Wow it's amazing how some of us are so similar.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

wel im definately gunna learn something here, if this is the anxiety causin the guilt an the feelin bad about things im just gunna tel myself 'ur not being rational' and forget about it, its time i let myself be happy xxx

I definitely believe it is the anxiety that causes it.
    Benjamin Franklin

You are not alone, I PMing you right now

Yeah, I have to anylyze everything I say before I say it. If I don't have time, then I usually panic. The other night at Orchestra practice I spent a good fifteen minutes deciding which way would be the best to tell the two boys sitting next to me to shut up!
    -Anna

I'm the same way. I have to think about what I'm going to say, if it sounds rude, andif I think someone will get offended after it's been said. Then I re analyze a conversation I had with another person just to make sure I didn't sound rude and offend them. I also take things really personally. Like if someone tells me I'm doing something wrong, it really gets me down, not because I get offended, but becasue I think that the person will think bad of me. It's just an on going thing that never ends!

i dont usually think about the things ive sed to people really, i dont really care wat people think of me, its just ive felt guilty all my life 4 stupid things that no-one else wud bother with an so im scared of feelin guilty, so u think everything thru until i know its okay. its madness!