Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question Really Confused!

Hi everyone, so im new to this site,but not to emetephobia. I have had this since about 9,but cant remember what triggered it,i jus remember giving my sisters candy not to throw up! Well im 29 now,and sum better than i was then...anyhoo im confused as to why most emetephobics havent v* in like 10 + years? Wonder why? They say we can stop it most of the time,but i was told u couldnt stop v*,so could somebody please help me figure out why that is?

Default Re: Really Confused!

Thats a good question. I am not so fortunate, I wish I could go 10 years or more without V* I think it happens to me once every three years or something.

Some emets have different stages of their fear where they stay away from certain foods that can cause an issue as well as being a little germophobic (I'm just using examples here, I hope I didn't just offend anybody) though I'm no expert on this...this may be a question for Sage to answer for you....

Have a nice day.

Default Re: Really Confused!

Me to i had went 13 years without *v,but about 2years ago my intestines went to sleep,and i *v for what seemed to be forever,never wanna go through that again but im super excited to have found this site,whenever i feel sick i just get on here and read the posts until i fall asleep!