Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default This is really weird!

This is ridiculous what im about to say,but anyhoo im of course a emetephobic,but my sister is the complete opposite(dont think i spelled that right)but here goes while i run from V* she runs to it! She wants to kno crazy things about it,like whenever i tell or anybody tell her they V* she wants to know like what color, was it thick,was it alot,etc,is it a such thing as being obbsessed with V*?

Default Re: This is really weird!

That is very strange and don't know much but I guess it is possible.

I know it is very strange,and dont have a clue as to why she is the way she is!

She could very well be emetophilic. It's an actual philia, and not uncommon. Some emetophobics are also emetophilic! See, it's got to do with arousal being triggered by using stimulus that once caused a very real, intense reaction. In some cases, this manifests as a philia, and others, a phobia. Sometimes both! It's a very interesting thing, but unfortunately there isn't much on it.

I should add that when I was younger, I had a morbid fascination with vomit. It was like testing the fear response, I guess? Anyway, how old is she? It seems fairly normal for a young child to be curious like this.

Well she is a year under me,she is 28! When i talk to her yesterday she told me about a co-worker that came in the restroom sick,and she said she couldnt leave the bathroom until she heard her *v,she is driving me crazy with this,and dont remember her being like this when she was young,but she needs more help than i do actually!

Some people have fascinations with morbid/gross things. I watch way too many shows and read too many books on serial killers and even torture myself looking at the grizzly photos. I just am way too curious of a person. I'm also tempted with vomit, too, but I know what it does to me so I try to run/cover my eyes.
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.”

i find fascination in helping my father gut animals....it is a very freaky thing and i freak myself out sometimes that i like to help but i guess everyone has their quirks lol that is probably one of your sisters quirks everyone is different

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thumbs down Re: This is really weird!

Wow! Best describes it, i guess so,but for the sake of me i wish she keep that to herself! Even tho we talk about it on here to,its just different,i wish u guys could hear the way she talks about it,like with such excitement! No more phone calls from me for awhile!

My middle school principal was just like that, no joke! I guess where you're around that many kids, teachers, and stomach bugs passed around on a monthly basis, you would be used to it and maybe find humor in it. But he was sooo over the top and thought v* was the most hilarious, interesting, amusing, fun thing on the planet.

It's like you admire their fearlessness about it but are appalled their inappropriate acceptance of it, haha. Darned if ya do, darned if ya don't. But if they don't wish to understand why people are afraid of it, I'm not sure I care to understand why they love it so much. Very bizarre.

Wink Re: This is really weird!

Sunnyskies,ur last paragraph says it all!

Quote Originally Posted by crd08 View Post
    Some people have fascinations with morbid/gross things. I watch way too many shows and read too many books on serial killers and even torture myself looking at the grizzly photos. I just am way too curious of a person. I'm also tempted with vomit, too, but I know what it does to me so I try to run/cover my eyes.

I do that too!!! I watch anything on tv I can about death and murder, I have googled gross pictures of crime sceens and accidents.

It's so weird cuz I can still there and look at a picture of someone that was shot in the face with blood and guts but if anyone gags,,,,, look out I'm a total mess.

I DO NOT understand myself. LOL.

Sounds a bit emetophobic to me. Like she couldn't leave until she heard it, she had to make sure she heard it and *knew* who the sick person was. I'm like that in a different way....I have to know who all the sick/maybe sick/feeling sick people are. So I ask alot of questions too, so I know to stay away from the person. So it sounds to me like she had to stay to make sure, as a compulsive thing? And maybe the questions are compulsive too? I have my own questions I ask people if I think they are sick: "Are you sick? Do you feel sick? Did you throw up? Do you feel like you are gonna throw up? " I HAVE to ask them, and always in that order. So it sounds to me a bit like she is trying to determine HOW sick the person is, by the questions.

Lemonwackyyellow: That's what I was thinking too, but you forgot to mention that emetophilia is a sexual thing. It isn't just an obsession about vomiting, which all emets have. It means someone is sexually turned on by vomiting or more likely the thought of it.

Naketa: It would be hard for me to ask anyone, even a sibling, if they have a sexual fetish. I suppose if you couldn't be that direct, you could ask her how she feels about a cute guy vomiting (if she's straight). Either way, you could tell her to check out the emetology forum. It's at http://emetology.informe.com.

I'm not so sure if a philia HAS to be sexual. Most sources I can find tell me that the suffix "-philia" is used "to specify some kind of attraction or affinity to something, in particular the love or obsession with something". They mention sexual attraction, but I don't think that a philia HAS to be sexual. I could be wrong though. It's just I've been taught (psychology in highschool, not the most comprehensive of courses really :P) that it's an attraction to, sometimes but not always sexual...

Whichever it is, your sister might be emetophilic, Neketa, but I really don't suggest asking her about it. You might end up knowing more about your sis than you needed to. >.<
    Come visit my history blog:

Quote Originally Posted by kellybeth View Post
    I do that too!!! I watch anything on tv I can about death and murder, I have googled gross pictures of crime sceens and accidents.

It's so weird cuz I can still there and look at a picture of someone that was shot in the face with blood and guts but if anyone gags,,,,, look out I'm a total mess.

I DO NOT understand myself. LOL.
    Same here. I am fascinated by things that should freak me out. I am so interested in crimes and stuff. I wanted to do police/crime scene stuff for a job but I knew I would come into contact with too much puke so I didn't go ahead with that. I never look up any vomiting stuff though because I find it far more offensive than looking at blood and corpses. I know this sounds absolutely dreadful, but I would be more freaked out walking into a room where someone was vomiting than walking into a room and finding a corpse (morgue for example). Of course both would be horrible, but I seriously dread the vomiting more.

Thats exactly how i feel! I would rather look at brains and blood anyday rather than *v!
    It starts with you!