Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Hey guys :) Intense emetophobic here

I am SO GLAD I found this site! I always thought I was the only one who had this fear and i've always kinda felt like a freak because I thought it was such an abnormal fear. I'm glad to know its more common than I thought I am a very intense emetophobic. Not only am I scared to death of vomiting myself, but I'm also terrified to be around somebody who is sick with a stomach virus that includes vomiting, and to be next to somebody who is vomiting, see a picture of somebody vomiting, or be in a public restroom and hearing somebody vomiting. I don't even like seeing the word!!! Today in particular, my stomach has been REALLY bothering me all day. I feel like I have come down with a stomach virus and i'm seriously freaking out. When I feel nauseous, I drink carbonated flavored water and watch TV and that usually works. But nothing seems to be doing it for me today D: Anyways, reply to this thread and share your experiences with emetophobia! Make me feel less alone!

Default Re: Hey guys :) Intense emetophobic here

You aren't alone. I don't enjoy vomiting myself, but I'm not as scared of that as I am of seeing or hearing someone else do it. I just get terrified even thinking about it. And I can't look at pictures of it either. It really is a pain in the bum because it stops me from going out a lot. And I have a long haul flight coming up and I am afraid I am going to be seated next to someone who will get sick.

I'm the same way. Sight, sound, or even just thinking about it will not only put me onto a panic attack, but also make me feel like I'm ill. Sight and sound are definitely the worse, though, and will more than likely make me v*, too... Then comes the fear where if I v*, someone else will see it and v* and just create some spiraling round of everyone v*ing....

I felt like a freak, too. Everyone around me can v* and just laugh about it. They'd even tease me and dismiss my phobia as a "weak stomach"... That's why it took me so long to get a diagnosis.

I am the same 2! I am SO scared of myself throwing up but when someone else does or i hear see it i jjust freak out!

I have no idea what I would do if I was seated next to a sick person on a plane. I read a story about some guy who sat next to a person who was throwing up the whole journey. I think I would literally go insane if that was me. I would just freak right out and turn into a raving lunatic. I really hope this doesn't happen to me!!

my friend was flying back from america and his friend v* and pooed all over him. they were having major turbulence and she wasnt allowed to get up and o to the toilet. he had to sit in it for 12 hours poor guy. needless to say e became ill himself, but yer so i know soe who did! welcome to the site by the way I am terrified of v*. seeing it makes me very anxious but not as bad as myself doing it.
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

That is disgusting. If someone starting vomiting next to me but they weren't allowed up because of turbulence, I would be like f--k this, I'm getting up! I don't care if I get thrown around the cabin, as long as I don't have to be next to a puker. What are the flight attendants going to do about it? :P

thats basically what happened. she got up and was in the toilet the whole way there. how horrible though.
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

I am also an INTENSE emetophobic. I actually never even knew that the fear of v* had a name. I am actually having a really hard time with it lately. My daughter was sick last week, she v* pretty much all day. Thank god I had my mom to help me since I was freaking out and did not want my daughter to see me like that. But then my mom got the bug a few days later...and that freaked me out too. I keep thinking I am next and I can't eat and can barely sleep cause I am just worried and scared. So believe me, you are not alone with this fear.

you are absolutely not alone! in fact did u know Emetophobia is the 5th most common fear? everyone goes through similar stuff on here and everyone gets it! welcome