Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Red face Would you do it??? I dare you!

Ok,so thats what my husband,and his idiotic friends just did...He dared me to stick my fingers down my throat,and make myself v*,and he will give me 300 dollars,he could have offered me 3000,and i still would have said to go fly a kite! He has lost his mind,but any way would some of u less emets have done it if the price was right? I get that question alot from my family members,would u do it for a car? For a house,etc? No,no,no!

Steelers Country! Pennsylvania, United states

Default Re: Would you do it??? I dare you!

MAYBE for 30,000 at the least lol. But probably not for 300 or 3000. YUCK! For a house, I probably would hahaha...but they'd have to show me this house. And it would have to have everything I wanted in it. And it would have to be a pretty nice house, all expenses paid, fully furnished the way IIII want it.

its funny but i've always wondered if i would do it for money. it would have to be in the hundred thousands or the millions though.
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

Well, I have been feeling constantly so sick for ages now and I wonder if I finally be sick I will stop this constant sick feeling, So Yeah i'd do it for £3000 - Or i'd get so far and freak out and say no haha.

It would have to be a lot of money. I got bet once to eat meat (since I'm a vegetarian) for $500 and I wouldn't so I'm thinking that to v* it would have to be hundreds of thousands since that's the last thing in the world I'd want to do.
    Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.

Oh, Naketa, this has been discussed here before. Please, feel free to weigh in in this poll: http://www.emetophobia.org/showthread.php?t=8842

P.S. $1000
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm not afraid of doing it myself, but it would still take a lot of money to make me MAKE myself vomit.
    Come visit my history blog:

At one time, before I (for the most part) overcame my phobia, I would have not been able to do that for any amount of money. Now I would probably do it for $10. (Not regularly though, that would cause health problems for me.)

I'd punch the person out and take the money - they deserve it for making a game out of my illness.
    'I am a sick man...I am a spiteful man. I am an unattractive man. I think my liver is diseased. Then again, I don't know a thing about my illness; I'm not even sure what hurts.'

Think i will take ur advice Johnf,it always seems to b so funny to them,but if they walked in my shows they would see,but im pretty good at putting on a brave face! Just sick of being the laughing stock,and outcast!

My dad asked me something like that once.
    I wouldn't even consider it until the monetary value got at least into the thousands. Then, maybe... lol

When my phobia is at its lowest, I think I'd do it for a little over a thousand dollars....but right now, when my phobia is at its highest since it first began, I'd only make myself do it if the fate of the world or one of my loved ones depended on it.

Can't imagine a situation in which someone's fate depended on my getting sick, lol but you get the picture! I only wish this phobia could be fought off with something as commonplace as money, but nooo, it requires inner strength and all that jazz.
    Panic at the thought of doing something is a challenge to do it.

I used to say no, never, not in a million years.

Now, I'm thinking... if it was 300 I'd think about it. 500 and I would.

You may find these links helpful!

I would do it for money because I have so much debt and often can't even afford the essentials so I wouldn't have a lot of choice.

I would do it for $300 I think simply because I would be in control and I would know that I'm not really sick and it would only happen once!
    Everyone needs someone who understands!

It's hard to put an amount on because if it really came down to it, I wonder if I'd bottle-it at the last minute? My phobia is almost 100% around fp and noro so random self-induced v* or drunk v*, travel v* etc don't bother me nearly as much but still if actually put in that situation, I just couldn't say!

Nope, your health IS your wealth

Oh man, I don't know. I think $50k would do it. But instead of putting my finger down my throat, I'd get heavily intoxicated so I wouldn't remember much of it. (Hate to have a hangover though...)
    destroy what destroys you