Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Just when I think things are getting better, I see a front page headline on one of our area newspapers that says this ................... Illness takes toll on local school attendance. Absentee numbers hit high on Tues, staff depleted as well.

Well, thats just great!! Normally I wouldnt worry to much about this because we dont even live in that town AND its about 55-60 miles away from us. My husband does work in that town though, this is one time I am actually glad he works at night and that not too many ppl are there besides his crew. After reading that in the paper I am freaked out though because we are going over to a friends house this afternoon, and there will be plenty of children there and I am not sure whether or nto any of them go to school where all this sickness was going around. From what the paper said .............. the majority of it was influenza, strep throat, and bronchitis and pneumonia. Then I turn that page and read this ............ Pediatircian Dr. Blah Blah, says he's seen many cases of stomach virus this week. Just great, not what I wanted to read!!!!!! From what the paper says though .......... it seems like most of the worst part of all this, when the most ppl were sick, wa earlier this week. Still though, I am kinda freaked ot about someone bringing a child to this party today that has either been sick or is sick. I would be freaking out thinking this anyway, but seeing that paper this morning didnt help.

I hate to see how just reading that in the paper has started my mind working ........... I HATE THIS!!!!!!

hey, i know what you mean, i thought the bugs were going, but i was in my college the other day and my teacher said there is a stomach virus in his house and everyone has it. INCLUDING HIM!! I had to leave, i was too nervouse to stay.

See, that makes me mad too, he asid that HE had it and he still came to work!!!!!

Heres a quote from that same paper "People are trying to work and they are sick." Well, duh!!!! GO HOME, close the school for a few days if you have too, but dont come to work sick and risk infecting everyone else!!!! Which is what is happening!!!!

I'm telling you, strep throat seems to be an epidemic at the moment! Both of my girls have it, Logan's best friend & her brother have it, my little sister has it--what's the deal?? I hope all of the illness stays away from you all--maybe the stomach virus will be contained and not make it's way to you!!

I sure hope it stays away!!!! Just as long as no one is sick at our friends house tonight, I will be ok. (I think!!) Also, according to the paper most of it has died down some. I was glad to read that they are going to be disinfecting the schools over the three day weekend.

Im so glad Feb. is almost over, this seems to be the worst month for sickness around here. It was this time two yrs ago when all three of my children had influenza at the same time.

Ya'll please pray for me or send good thoughts my way for this afternoon when we are going to be around so many people.

I will definitely be praying!! Pray for us, too, Logan's birthday party is tomorrow, and someone always gets sick. . . . .

I think February (andpart ofMarch)is the worst month...in schools especially. Do you live on the east or west part of the USA? Just wondering because I am on the east and it seems the flu and flu like viruses are bad here. Stomach viruses are around too...BUT (I dont wanna say this too loud) I dont think they are as bad or maybe I am just not hearing about them.

I have to go have my daughter fitted for shoes today...around lots of kids, UGH!

Good luck today...keep your hands washed and out of your face[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

From what you said ti sounds like a mojority of the illnesses are respritory which is bad but to us not near as bad as stomach illnesses. You can always subtly make reference to this school and see if anyone says "oh yeah my kid goes there" then kind of keep away lol. I know its immature but hey who wants a stomach bug? Not me, not you! Anyhow I'm sure you'll be OK, as was said keep clean hands.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

We are in the South East US. Things were bad here a few weeks ago. (About the time that kid "V" at my house.) I think things have died down here in our town anyway.

I hope you have a great day out shopping with your daughter. I always love going to Stride Rite with my children. I like how they come and and help you and make sure the shoes fit right. If it weren't for Stride Rite, my youngest daughter wouldnt have any shoes, cause she has GOT to have a wide.

Donna, I hope that your children are feeling better and that no none brings any un-wanted germs to Logans party tomorrow!! I will be praying for you too!!

I was talking to a teacher from Tylers school last night and she was telling me that on Wednesday she had 15 out of 32 kids in her class because of the strep throat and the stomach flu!! Oh gross! It seems that after March break the flu seems to slow down around here, I am praying that it does!! There are only 10 days until March 1st! Hope everything goes well for Logans birthday Donna

Me too--I already feel like the party has had a bad omen. Greg went down to the pizza place and placed a deposit on the party room for tomorrow at 2:00, well they called 2 days ago to say that they had double booked the 2:00 time slot, so we had to move the party to 12:30. The problem is, we have church and sometimes it runs long and we don't even leave until 12:30--most of the kids coming to the party are from church--plus I am supposed to teach Logan's Sunday school class tomorrow--it's just not going to work!!!!!!! I also had to send home notes amending the time of the party with the girls from Logan's class at school, I don't know any of them well enough to call them up. I just felt like a complete idiot!! Especially because some of them have not RSVP'd--I didn't know whether to send them home a note or not, just because I think it's rude not to RSVP!!Edited by: donna1216

jennyleigh - I have to take Madison to Stride Rite.I just got back...I tried to have her fitted in different shoes but I came home with 2 pairs of Stride Rite shoes. She now wears a 5 extra wide. Her instep is FAT. I needed a pair of shoes for her Easter dress to have pictures taken and they were plain old white Stride Rite's...they are cute though. I bought her first pair of tennis shoes, Stride Rite of course.

Thank you Stride Rite...Madison would not have any shoes either!!

I know what you mean about wanting this virus season to be over. There was an article in the paper here too that said that influenza has made its peak. The only bright thing is that it'll now start to subside. Luckily we had our peak of stomach flu in early January. I haven't heard of anyone who's had it since about a month ago, thank God. Spring is almost here, we can open our windows, go outside, enjoy some sun and warm weather. And you and your family were ultra exposed when that kid v'd in your house... I think if you were going to get it, you'd have gotten it now. You must be doing a great job keeping everyone's immune systems up and on alert!!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

OOh, I hate when thoes rude parents cannot even pick up a phone to RSVP. Happens every year to me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yes, I agree. I always RSVP!! The pizza place wanted a head count, but after they messed up our reservation, I really don't care if we get an accurate count or not!!
    Jenny-2jo is right, you were all exposed to your future nephew's illness and you came out unscathed, and that was in your own house!!!!

Well, we just got in about 30 mins ago, and everyone was feeling fine at the party and the only sickness I heard anyone talk about was respiratory stuff. Tomorrow I have to face more people, my hubbys family. We are having a big low country boil for my father in laws b-day.

Glad to hear it went well, Leigh. Just try to feel relaxed that everyone was OK and have a good time at your FIL party.

How's everyone feeling??

Whew, I am so glad nobody was sick at the party!!! YAY!!!! Good luck today!!!

Glad everything went well Donna and Leigh!!

Donna, did you still have your party today? Let us know how things go.

I had the party--posted about it under "Logan's party"

I just read and replied to your post about Logans party. I hate that someone actually showed up that had been sick. We ought to include this on invitations ................ If you child has been sick with "V" in the past 48 hrs, please do not come to the party. I know that is rude to do, but I cant help but think about it.