Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default do normal people ever randomly feel sick?

like for example they are just sitting at their desk, and for no reason start to feel sick?

Default Re: do normal people ever randomly feel sick?

I don't know if I'd describe my husband as normal, but he's non-emet, and there are days where he feels sick for no reason.
    "I'm not supposed to be like this, but it's okay" -- The Wrong Child, R.E.M.

Yes, that happens to both of my parents sometimes, too, and a few of my friends.
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yeah it happens to everyone. The difference is non-emets aren't scared of the feeling.

I feel sick on a regular basis because I have problems with my intestines. I'm used to it so it doesn't worry me. It's annoying, but it's not scary. Out of the hundreds of times I have felt sick in the last 6 or 7 years, I have only vomited once, and I think that is because I went and worked out at the gym while I felt sick. Bad idea lol.

Default Re: i did so well ... now im scared and need advice plz

Yes they do, im the only emet i know personally apart from you guys on here. Every non emet that ive spoken to about vomiting hate nausea and vomiting, many panic as we do, the difference is that after they have done the deed and feel better they forget the incident and carry on without another thought unlike us emets who would replay it over and over in our minds, remembering every detail, worrying if and when it will happen again, i personally think emet is a phobia bourne of deeper underlying issues and anxiety, it seems that most of us suffer anxiety on here and if we can kick the anxiety we can then be cured of emet.

Completely agree with Becca44, I spoke to a guy at work where his partner and child had a bad stomach bug including him, and I said don't you find it really horrible, disgusting and scary and he said well yes, but it passes over quick and then you are better and that's it done and I don't think about it until it happens again... But "normal" people feel sick randomly, well from the one's I have spoken to anyways, so that makes me feel a bit better.

thank you everyone, i asked this because i really have forgotten how it feels to be normal

What do you consider "normal" we are all normal here

Default Re: i did so well ... now im scared and need advice plz

Of course we are all normal but sometimes our thoughts and anxieties are not normal, a phobia is an irrational fear, irrational being the word that suggests an abnormality towards something.

Just remember that you are not alone.

im gald you ade this post because i always wodered how often people feel sick. i randomly feel nauseas and i dont know if it happens to other people.
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.