Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
    Steelers Country! Pennsylvania, United states

Question Dreaming about vomiting (post your dreams here)

So, while I was napping earlier today, I had a dream that I actually threw up. It wasn't even bad at all. I dreamed my dad was in the kitchen and I was v*ing into the garbage can. In my dream I was calm, I wasnt anxious or anything even afterwords. It was like I wasn't even emetophobic! I woke up and I was completely fine not panicking what so ever. I even said to myself "did I just dream that I v*d?" And went about what I was gonna do after I woke up...Ate dinner with no problem. Now why can I dream about it and be normal, but when I actually feel like i'm going to v* I panic and go crazy?! Why can't I just act like like I do in the dream! My life would be perfect if I could just be how I was in the dream. WEIRD!
    Nothing's gonna change destiny,
    Whatever's meant to be will work out perfectly.

Default Re: V* Dream

I know what you mean! Sometimes we wish our dreams would become reality. Sadly that's not the same for me. Whenever I dream about vomit, it's always someone else doing it and I get anxious even in my dream, and I wake up sweating with a racing heart. And it's always about someone that's very close to me and there's nothing I can do to help or escape. I guess it really boils down to confronting my fears.
    destroy what destroys you

For me it's actually quite the oppisite. I actually have very vivid dreams that are visually intricate and quite emotionally stimulating. One out of, maybe, ten or so I dream that I or someone I know throws up and I usually can't take it. I usually become very n* and dizzy feeling in my dreams and sometimes I have these dreams where I'm in a large room with many other people who are becoming ill and I can't get out. One in particular I remember from my elementary school days, I was in the gym at my school of the time and all these children were around me and were getting sick... That one was very terrible and might be comparable to nightmares people have about monsters attacking you or whatever. I can't actually remember it being perfectly fine to v* in a dream.

I used to have really weird dreams about it when I was a kid. Like someone who was sick would be chasing me around trying to keep me around them as they v*, or something. Or just of me desperately trying not to be sick in a dream. Terrible. I would wake up with beads of sweat rolling down my face and breathing heavily. I'm even terrified of it in my sleep.

But I am happy that it isn't the same for everyone! Dreams can actually be really helpful at solving some problem you've been having while awake. :0)

Steelers Country! Pennsylvania, United states

It's just that when I dream it, I'm fine. But when I start to feel like I'm going to v* I go crazy. I wish I could be just as calm as I am in my dreams. That would be so helpful towards life lol. I don't know what I'm more afraid of. Myself v*ing or someone else v*ing.
    Nothing's gonna change destiny,
    Whatever's meant to be will work out perfectly.

Yeah it would be nice to be calm in real life wouldn't it! I often have v* dreams but they aren't calm. It's usually that there are piles of it everywhere and I am trying to avoid stepping on them. Definitely not good dreams! I wish I didn't have them!

Default Re: Dreaming about vomiting (post your dreams here)

Today I dreamed that I was at a restaurant that served very spicy food. I like eating very hot, spicy food! In the dream, two men got up simultaneously and proceeded to vomit, one outside on the sidewalk (projectile) and one in the trash barrel (discreetly). Someone yelled, "what did they put in the pizza?"

I woke up confused. I'm so glad that didn't really happen!
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm pretty sure most of my dreams involve v lmao.

Last night, I dreamt that my there was a hospital bay ward thing in my grandma's house for some reason? And there was well...sick people there. Someone mentioned the dreaded v* so I screamed, ran away, and got arrested for no reason.

It got better though, because afterwards I went on tour with my favourite band haha

I have them at seemingly random intervals. Usually, some random person v while around other people and I have to run away and hide or they will find me, come close to me, get me sick, and I will v. I wake up panicking when that happens and think about it all day. I have had a couple dreams where I am feeling unwell and panicing but I never v in a dream.

Basically, the less stressed I am, the less of those dreams.

Hello. This is my very first day, and my very first message. I hit across this story because this is EXACTLY what has recently happened to me, and I don't know why?
    Laura (from the UK) xx

Welcome, Laura. I hope you find help here, and pleasant dreams!

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

Ha ha.
    Last night I dreamed, again, about being at work and sitting through a very critical personal review. I asked if I could leave to go to the toilet but V* just I reached the office door. My boss looked up but he didn't seem to be at all bothered. EXPLAIN THAT!!!!
    x

Last night I dreamed I was in a public ladies' room washing my hands at the sink, and when I'd finished, I turned around to notice a woman on her knees in a stall with the door open and of course she was V* so I ran like hell, and then saw more v* on my way out, on the floor. Remember thinking, well, I'm doomed because that lady was right behind me when it happened but I didn't hear it because of the sink noise! Woke up with my heart racing.

I have a lot of v* dreams. I used to have them every night when I was younger but meditating has seemed to stop them. When I don't meditate for a while though they begin to slip through. I had one the other day that was basically reliving an experience I had in school with a classmate v* but the setting was in my own house. He was asking to go to the bathroom but the teacher said no, so he got up and v* in the trash. I didn't see any of the v* but I forced myself to look at him (I'm usually lucid in my dreams) because for some reason I thought this would help desensitize me (it did NOT).
    I've been able to cope better with v* dreams as I've gotten older but I honestly think they make my phobia worse.

I dreamed not long after my boyfriend passed that we we're driving with two of my kids down the road. They got sick in the car, I was freaking out telling him to pull over so I could clean them up. Then he says, cool as a cucumber, it's ok. They'll be fine. It's not that big of a deal. I was surprised. Woke up and thought it an odd dream. A couple hours later my son runs in the room to tell me my daughter v all over the bed.
    We all got it. It wasn't too bad, it lasted forever, the strange thing is it was like my boyfriend was warning me it was going to happen but we'd be fine