Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

I thought things were getting better here in our area, except for that outbreak I read about in the paper. My sister in law took her youngest daughter to the doctor yesterday (for a routine check on something) and my sis in law said that when she walked in the front door of the office, that you could judt smell the sickness. She said that place was full of kids sick with God knows what!!!! She said they walked in and walked right back out. Then, my mother in law was talking about the same doctors office. A woman that she works with had to take her g-daughter in to be seen cause she was "V" This woman told my mother in law that there were kids in there "V" all over the office and "D" too. How horrible!!!! I dont understand why all these parents had to take their kids in there or why the docs would even want them there. Why couldnt the docs just call something in and say, if it doesnt get any better in a specified time, THEN come in or go to the ER. The town where this is happening is just 20-30 mins. away from us!!!! I wonder if it is circulating here in our town, it has been like 4 weeks since that "lovely" incident here at my house. I am just so ready for all this sickness to be on its way out. For like the past month things have just been rampant, its horrible!!!!! Makes me leary about even going out!! Just how long can these sickness's go aound before they die out?!?!?!?

On a good note, it is warm today here in our state, I hope we start to have more days like this VERY soon!!

BRING ON SPRING!!!!!!!!!

yea its here now as well but from what i can tell its not too terrible...i
    know 3 friends who had it but there all better now and none of my other
    friends are sick at the moment so "knock on wood" it was a good year
    \"Some things I cannot change
    But till I try I\'ll never know
    Too long I\'ve been afraid\"

Aim/aol: baseballplaya123

I understand what u mean, my son turns 1 in about 3 weeks, and I am freaking out now, because i have to take him to the DR. But the good thing is, that our office is set up, that if u are sick then u enter through one door, if u are not sick then u enter through another door. So we do not see the sick kids at all. And then they have the rooms set up that sick kids are on one side and the healthy on the other. Its a good set up, I like it alot. But i still let me mind go NUTS and I allow my mind to scare me.SO I try and stay calm.. Things in my area have been ok, I have not heard of anything crazy with V** alot of colds though, and bad ones. Thats been it., I sure hope it stays this way..

Christy

baseballplaya12 ........... Arent you in school? How are you able to get online?

I just hate when parents take the kids to the Dr. for just a stomach bug. I mean, come on its a 24 hour thing!!! Unless of course it is more serious, but it only contaminates the office and possibly people around them. This is why things run rampid cause they can't just let it run its course!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

matmysunshine, the set up of your doctor's office is a great idea! I wish everyone did that, you should feel lucky.

things seem to be calming down around here, colds and stomach viruses both <crosses fingers>

</span>
    Edited by: redapple

Do what your heart tells you to-- even when your fears tell you not to.

You are alive....so live.

Things are bad in my area..."flu like viruses" is what I have heard of here. I have not really heard of tummy viruses...I know they are out there though. It was bad in nursing homes a few weeks ago here but that is better. I dont know about schools. I think this time is bad for this area. I am trying not to seek what is out there so I dont get so worried about it.

I am going out to the mall today to get my kids pictures taken...UGH!

no school today or yesterday

I don't know how things are in my area...I try not to take notice. I don't want to know; it is better off that way! [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img] All I know is my kids and I haven't encountered the dreaded stomach bug this winter! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img](yet)

Charlotte
    Spring is here!

If I was taking my son to the doctors and it was full of kids sick like that I would have said umm re-book and get out of there, no way!! If it was serious my doctor and the secretaries know about my phobia so they would let me slip in and out! There is lot of influenza in our area, haven't heard too much about any other bugs, except from what my friend who is teacher told me.

You've heard what kind of hell we've been going through!!!

I live in Baltimore and the stomach virus thing has been going on since
    October of this year. It just does not seem to want to go
    away. I hear of someone sick just about everyday. We also
    had influenza go around real bad two weeks ago. It went around
    for about two weeks and that was it. But the stomach virus just
    does not want to die down.

I have know that the Richmond, Virginia and New York City and
    surrounding areas are being hit hard with stomach virus right
    now.

When is this hell going to end???? I can't ever remember it being
    this bad. I take that back - the winter of 2002 was pretty bad.

Stella

how doyou know nyc is being hit

oh god i dont wanna know i live in ny

i got it the winter of 2002...wasnt that bad actually wish i could get back
    to that mindset

It must be going on pretty bad in NY, Kelly Ripa from Live With Regis and Kelly, her kids had it this weekend, she was talking about how bad it was for her kids Mon. on the show. I had a meeting to go to tonight and someone said that it was still going around here. Well his words were "I have heard of several people having it." Just great. I wonder why it is taking so long to die down this time. That kid that was sick at my house .......... that has been about 4 weeks now. I figured things had calmed down now. Another guy that was there tonight said his kids had it, he said his son only had one episode of "V" Fri. night and his daughter had it last night. I was kinda freakin out being around him. I hate how my mind works, you know, I shook his hand, ect ........... I wonder about him harboring germs ..................

It seems that everyone I know has had a different strain of a stomach bug this winter!!! All of those people who had norovirus after Haley's party, whatever Haley had, the one that went around Logan's school, the one my friend's kids had this weekend, and whatever this is that is wrong with Logan!!! I HATE WINTER!!!!!!!

Donna just think...the end is near. You have survived this horrible time and are handling things VERY WELL! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Please stay healthy and well!

I'm in Toronto, and everyone here has a cold/cough/fever thing, don't want to jinx it but haven't heard of very many people with the other. My baby (almost 4 months old) has a terrible cough...poor little guy. And I have a cold. And my 2 year-old nephew has a fever/cold/cough, etc.
    <font size=\"4\"><font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\">It can, and does, get better with time.</font></font></font>

Hey I like Christy's doctor office! That's smart thinking! Why infect kids that are just there for physicals or check ups. Is that your son in your ativar? He is sooo cute!

Jennyleigh, I'm not sure whats around here I don't knwo if I want to know ha ha. I do know that a lot of people have cold/flu type things. And my friend who lives in a different state just had a stomach bug as well as her hubby and daughter. It's ALMOST spring so hopefully all this crap will start going away and everyone can take a huge sigh of relief.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I am in Ohio... Anyone else from this area??? Anyway... I have heard on and off since October also that so and so was sick with such and such, (tummy stuff) I haven't heard of any major issues with it (knock on wood) in this area, however, I haven't been looking too hard for the information, either. A friend of mine just had it over the weekend and she is somewhat an emet and said that she had the poops more than anything. Only V* twice. However, she does live in the same city as us, so this creates some anxiety for me. I have noticed on the news that a few schools are closed "due to illness", but It is my understanding that influenza has hit Ohio hard these past few weeks, so it could be due to that. Anyway... that's what's going on here. Spring!!! Where are you????!!!

I live in NC and there has been a lot of respiratory illness here. I had bronchitis/sinusitis for 10 days. I was out of work for about 3 days. I am just now starting to feel a little better. I had to take 2 courses of antibiotics. Everyone that has had it says that it takes 2-3 weeks to get completely well.

I have heard that there is a lot of the actual "flu" going around. My niece was dx with it on Monday. She is almost 8 and my sister said that she *v* a lot with it. The doctor did some sort of test that confirmed it was flu. She was given Tamiflu and is doing so much better, but the doctor told my sister to keep her out of school the entire week. My sister is really sick with the respiratory stuff and is on her second course of antibiotics and isn't feeling much better. She had "the virus" a few weeks ago. She is an assistant principal at an elementary school so she is exposed to lots of germs and she is sick quite often!

I have heard people say the stomach virus is going around, but no one close to me (outside of my sister) has had it (knock on wood!)

Hi Jesskali...I live in NC too..what part are you from? I live in the Mebane area...about 30 minutes from Durham...about an hour from Raleigh...I have heard the flu thing here forever...some stomach virus's and the usual sinus stuff...it scares the hell out of me too...just thinking about what may happen is enough to send me over the edge...Every night..I wonder if this will be the night...I don't want to jinx myself...but it's been a while...knocking on some serious wood here Hope you are fine and will continue to be that way...i will always pray for us emets...we go through hell every single day of our lives..Kat

I live in Florida and the only thing I know of that is going around are bad colds. I don't want to know anything about stomach viruses though. I'd rather not know. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]My husband's had a bad cold for over a week now. Thank goodness I haven't caught it yet. I think he's feeling better now.

I am with you, I would rather not know what is going around. But when I am watching the news, and they happen to show it on tv, I have to watch. But its better to think out of site, out of mind.

That which does not kill us only makes us stronger.

It is better just not to know. Then I'm not obsessing about it. Even if it's on the news, I just ignore it and block it out. I just think to myself. If I get it, I get it. How am I going to stop it, you know? My husband had such a bad cold all last week, and I didn't want to get it b/c we have family in from townthis weekend, but then I was thinking, if I get it, I get it. I'm sick of worrying. I just didn't/don't want to have a bad time while they're here. So far so good. Take Care [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Kate,

I live between Charlotte and Asheville (50 miles from each). My husband's sister lives in Raleigh. I've actually only been up that way once, on my way to a meeting in Greenville, NC. I have a meeting in Greensboro, NC to attend next week.

Anyway, I'm glad there is another emet from NC on here!

Jess

[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]Hi Jess...it's good to meet you too...So we are really close to each other...My mother in law...yuck...lives in Concord...I try not to see her anymore than I have to In fact we have only been there once and she has lived there for about 5 yrs...anyway...Greensboro is way close to me too...my brother lives there...yes it's good to have a fellow NC person to chat with...all though everyone here is wonderful...email me if you ever feel like talking....kate

I am trying to get the same attitude...I dont seek out to know where it is or who has it. If I get, I get it. I cant do anything about it. I just keep telling myself...it is only a temporary sickness and it will go away and I wont die from.

Its not that bad....Its not that bad....Its not that bad....[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img](This is what I say to myself when I hear about it.)