Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Hey guys.... Severe case of emet here......

Yesterday I was crying and having a major panic attack and I was shaking and my mom screamed at me and told me to shut the fuck up. :'( I'm really depressed now. Am I the only person that acts this way?

Default Re: Hey guys.... Severe case of emet here......

Definitely not! Most of us (if not all), have been there. The panic, shaking, general fear. It can all be a big part of it. =(

Sorry about your mom's reaction. Not a whole lot of people understand it or are very patient with it, which is why a place like this is so helpful. We know what you're going through! Just breathe and stay strong. You will be okay, I promise!

Thank you. When i found this site I thought I was the only person with this fear and I felt like the biggest baby in the world. Now I know that someone else Is going through what I am too.

Hey! I too am like that too!! I didn't realize this was an actual phobia until I googled it, and told my family - see, I'm not the only one! I panic/shake/cry/scream too when people are puking/ and stuff. (or if I feel like I'll puke) oy!!! I won't do exposure theripy, because I'm scared it'll make my emit worse!! (I can't even be in the same room as someone puking!) Amber

Amber, I'm just like that too. One time someone puked on the bus and I had to get out of the bus, and call my mom to get me. I was having a panic attack and every ody was making fun of me! this fear sucks

i understand you guys, i do this stuff too, and it sucks because my parents dont get it, they just tell me to throw up and get it over with already :/