Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
    Steelers Country! Pennsylvania, United states

Default *It* Just happened! Maybe graphic for some.

I don't know if you would consider this v*ing. I just ate subway with italian dressing a little bit ago. I got up and bent over to pick something up off the floor and I thought I had to burp but it definitely wasnt a burp... throw up definitely came up into my mouth, not a lot... just a little. I went to the garbage can and spit it into the garbage can. No problems! No anxiety no nothing. Do you consider this v*ing or just some reflux? and is that basically the same thing as puking? But I just want to say it wasn't terrible! it tasted gross, but I'm fine! totally fine i'm not scared it will happen again. I don't have any nausea. Nothing! So even though it was only a little (it did startle me a little because I wasn't expecting it). I feel like its a big step. Let me know what everyone thinks please!
    Nothing's gonna change destiny,
    Whatever's meant to be will work out perfectly.

Default Re: *It* Just happened! Maybe graphic for some.

Good for you! That is a HUGE step. I think it could be reflux, because that tends to happen to some people, but I'm not a doctor so I don't really know. Regardless of what it was, that's a huge step so don't let anyone tell you otherwise! Good for you, girl! xo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

Sounds like reflux to me. I have it on rare occasion and it is kinda startling, but never really that bad! Goes to show the anticipation and anxiety we put ourselves through is a lot worse than the actual happening of it. Good for you to handle it so well! It could be a big step to moving forward and defeating the fear of it.

Steelers Country! Pennsylvania, United states

Thanks guys, I really hope so. Normally I would have panicked cause i've had this happen before. but this time I just went about it like it was nothing. Thanks for all the positive feedback! means a lot
    Nothing's gonna change destiny,
    Whatever's meant to be will work out perfectly.

Ya... I hate when that happens... in my house we call it a "vurp" (v* burp). Oddly enough, this doesn't bother me. It's more of a quick startle, but doesn't bring on any panic.

That sounds like reflux to me, vomitting you would be heaving and such. Either way fantastic job! If that ever happened to me, I'd be like uhmmmmmm? Haha.

I hate vomit burps. I often get them when I eat too much (which has been happening too much lately!) They are gross, but they don't worry me either. Glad you were able to easily get through the situation!

Yep, I've had vurps* before but it's not considered vomiting which is forceful, uncontrollable when it happens and includes retching and such. Very scary thing to happen though!
    My Jacob makes life beautiful.

i cant bend over afer eating because the same thing happens to me. surprisig it doesnt bother me either. (unless im nauseas)
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

I vurp occasionally, usually after greasy food and i find it nearly as gross as vomiting, it leaves that awful taste in your throat and back of your tongue, yuck.

Ahh yes, vurps ugh lol...yeah I hate when that happens, then I feel off for a few.

i live in Wonder World but am currently going to school in FL

it is vomiting, but it might have sumthing to do with how well u chewed that bite

It is not vomiting, but it's progress if you can experience that without feeling anxious.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by gumdropper1 View Post
    It is not vomiting, but it's progress if you can experience that without feeling anxious.
    This is definitely true.
    My Mantra:
    If you continue to do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.
    -Originally an IES member since October, 2009-